Foo Fighters

Gozpot

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

If the organisers are looking for past it rock bands to play a greatest hits set on Sunday for all the pyramid chair sitters id honestly prefer U2, their back catalogue is far more interesting that the Foos. 

Personally for all the hate U2 get Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree still piss on any albums by recent big bands (Foos, Killers, KOL, Coldplay, Muse, Kasabian etc).  

7 hours ago, Madyaker said:

If the organisers are looking for past it rock bands to play a greatest hits set on Sunday for all the pyramid chair sitters id honestly prefer U2, their back catalogue is far more interesting that the Foos. 

They had their chance, they was mostly fairly disappointing.

Something I can't see Foo Fighters being, regardless of recent musical output (some of it good, but mostly meh), they are an extremely good live band and I think Dave "Nicest guy in Rock" Grohl would totally get what a Pyramid headline set is all about, he has an excellent sense of occasion.

15 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Personally for all the hate U2 get Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree still piss on any albums by recent big bands (Foos, Killers, KOL, Coldplay, Muse, Kasabian etc).  

Achtung Baby is a fantastic album. One of the best of the 90's.

The Joshua Tree is good, but its no Achtung Baby.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Grohl & the Foo's seem to take a lot of uneccesary stick on here imo. 'Nicest guy in rock' / ' Crowd pleasing dad band'.

Now I'm only speaking my opinion of course but I don't see how those 2 comments in particular should be used as insults. Personally I have more respect for someone who isn't a complete c**t and doesn't want to dis-please a crowd but hey what do I know.

11 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

Grohl & the Foo's seem to take a lot of uneccesary stick on here imo. 'Nicest guy in rock' / ' Crowd pleasing dad band'.

Now I'm only speaking my opinion of course but I don't see how those 2 comments in particular should be used as insults. Personally I have more respect for someone who isn't a complete c**t and doesn't want to dis-please a crowd but hey what do I know.

I totally agree. Grohl is a great frontman and I bet he more than many other artists would realise the signinficance of Glastonbury and deliver a cracking show.

Musically it's not cutting edge, but the tunes are big enough to fill the Pyramid stage with plenty of crowd pleasing anthems. I hope they play.

23 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

You dont think AIDS-denying is c**tish behaviour? You respect people like that?

Fair enough.

The band that got me into rock music. I'm not the mega fan I used to be, but I'll always love them. And since I'm going with a decently sized group of friends for the first time, who won't necessarily want to watch Radiohead or the same headliners I do, it'd be great to end the festival with all my friends having fun with the Foos.

The fun loud songs are my favourites, as well as well made tender ones like Aurora.

WHAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE LIIMOOOOOOOOOO!

6 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Fair enough.

Slightly (and I say slightly) grey area in terms of c*ntishness.

Absolutely fucking stupid, certainly. Worthy of being held up to ridicule by anyone with half a brain and understanding of medical process, absolutely.

Held up as an influence on a number of avoidable deaths as a result of said stupidity, arguably.

Does that constitute an active c*nt or just a fucking irresponsible idiot? Don't know.

16 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Fair enough.

Aids denying is irresponsible behaviour at the least and in my opinion a whole lot worse.

However, we need to be a little clearer who we point our fingers at here...

I think it is Taylor Hawkins who holds those beliefs and at his request there was a link of the Foo Fighters website supporting those views. It was taken off their website 2013 I think at the request of the rest of /the band.

I could be wrong and am happy to be educated otherwise with facts.

2 minutes ago, 1waveydavey said:

Aids denying is irresponsible behaviour at the least and in my opinion a whole lot worse.

I think it is Taylor Hawkins who holds those beliefs and at his request there was a link of the Foo Fighters website supporting those views. It was taken off their website 2013 I think at the request of the rest of /the band.

Think it was Nate Mendel

I think its that time of year folks.....

https://www.change.org/start-a-petition?step=ask

Maybe they'll start their set with a video of them having sex with people with HIV and saying "told you it doesn't cause AIDS".

Or just dress a load of AIDS patients up as Dave Grohl and shoot them. 

Metallica did something similar I think.

Edited by The Nal

14 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Fair enough.

I cannot take into consideration something I know nothing about. I've never properly delved into everything within his past so I can't judge him on it if I'm blind to that information.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

However, and I didn't know this until Alex's post above, Taylor is an anti-vaccer. Which really doesn't help much.

I think the AIDS denialism is brought up more because it's more shocking, but people seem to know those people are crackpots and I don't think they've been involved with it since the Alive & Well founder died of AIDS.

The anti vaccine thing, however, is something that seems to be, a bit more believed and yer man T-Hawk is still doing gigs for it nowadays. So all in all his continued championing of it is probably worse.

13 minutes ago, 1waveydavey said:

It's simple. The entire band is culpable. They allowed flyers to be handed out at their gigs for heavens sake! And gave a platform to arch-denier christine maggiore, a woman who's absurd beliefs were responsible for he own, and more harrowingly, her 3 year old daughters deaths.

Who knows how many simple-minded foo fighter fans were sucked in by these lies?

Sickening.