Foo Fighters

Gozpot

Just posted by Madrid's Mad Cool Festival (6th-8th July). They're making an announcement on Thursday. Looks like the next stamp is coming.

With that in mind, how long do we think it will be until they announce Glastonbury? Emily said no further announcements were imminent but won't the novelty of the passport thing have worn off by February/March?

IMG_1961.JPG

Edited by Huckleberry Finn

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Just posted by Madrid's Mad Cool Festival (6th-8th July). They're making an announcement on Thursday. Looks like the next stamp is coming.

With that in mind, how long do we think it will be until they announce Glastonbury? Emily said no further announcements were imminent but won't the novelty of the passport thing have worn off by February/March?

IMG_1961.JPG

What does that shape represent?

Yeah I can see them getting it rolled out soon. Bands can announce shit when they want - as Radiohead did - and there's no reason to hold them back without their own shows (supposing they don't do 'em). They're gonna be painting a giant sausage in front of the Pyramid before the end of the month.

I reckon we'll get the announcement before Christmas. I'm not sure what power Glastonbury has to force bands to keep quiet about the announcement. If they're going ahead and announcing all these other festivals I don't see why they would want to wait until the new year to reveal Glastonbury. I know Emily said they won't announce any more bands until next year, but if FF want to announce it can the festival really do anything about it?

Unless FF are doing a few stadium shows or something, in which case they want to delay the announcement.

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Foos will be announced by them drawing a giant athletics track round the Pyramid and releasing D-Gro from a trap to run round and round it while people watching on the webcam try to work out who it is.

If they did that when they headline I'd go and see it. 

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

When are they announcing the Mad Bantz festival?

By the looks of the image on Facebook whereby there are a lot of red lights on Europe, they could easily fill that Passport now without having to announce Glastonbury. I expect the Legend Slot to be announced before the next headliner.

They've already announced it. Open'er have an announcement at 6.30 today so I'd expect that to be Foo Fighters too and I can see them being announced for Rock Werchter tomorrow.

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I'd be surprised if they get announced for Werchter today (tomorrow is apparently a national holiday in Belgium), considering it hasn't gone red on the map. 

Werchter announce on Fridays, don't they? So if there's no announcement tomorrow on account of this national holiday then it'll probably be next Friday.

I really hope they play. Saw them in 98 when I was still at school and they were PHENOMENAL, and would be great to see them reform to play again after all these years. They've still only put out the two albums right? I've heard some stuff on the radio over the years since then that kinda sounds a little bit like Dave Grohl, but it sounds more like Nickelback. Glad the Foos are back to show whoever that shitty band was who's boss.