Foo Fighters

Gozpot

46 minutes ago, russycarps said:

It's simple. The entire band is culpable. They allowed flyers to be handed out at their gigs for heavens sake! And gave a platform to arch-denier christine maggiore, a woman who's absurd beliefs were responsible for he own, and more harrowingly, her 3 year old daughters deaths.

Who knows how many simple-minded foo fighter fans were sucked in by these lies?

Sickening.

There you go folks, its that simple.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

In case anyone missed Neil has received some info that all but confirms them as the second headliner.

Just for clarity.....

Someone told me something which I can't verify.

If everything he told me is kosher then the foos are booked (no, there wasn't any day info).

But as I say, i can't verify it. I'm inclined to think it's true, but maybe I'm too trusting. 

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just for clarity.....

Someone told me something which I can't verify.

If everything he told me is kosher then the foos are booked (no, there wasn't any day info).

But as I say, i can't verify it. I'm inclined to think it's true, but maybe I'm too trusting. 

I don't think that seems too trusting. It seems very very believable that FF have been booked. The only thing stopping it was whether they were actually touring or not next year, with NOS confirmed, surely they're nailed on?

Can this thread not be kept for people who actually like the band? There's plenty of FF bashing in the other one, do you really need to do it in two threads?

There are probably people browsing this forum wanting to get involved in some Foo Fighters discussion and they are being scared away by all the hate. If you want to rip them, and Dave apart why not just keep it in the headliner thread?

On 11/6/2016 at 1:06 PM, Gnomicide said:

I just want a Pyramid headliner i can go along and enjoy, I'm not a big Foo Fighters fan but they'd do the job. There's plenty I'd rather see but none of them seem likely so i'm nailing my colours to Dave and the lads mast until at least tomorrow.

I am with you , I would actually like to go and see them , I know some songs I can tap my toes, unless there is someone I totally adore on at the same time I will be there watching them

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I don't think that seems too trusting. It seems very very believable that FF have been booked. The only thing stopping it was whether they were actually touring or not next year, with NOS confirmed, surely they're nailed on?

I can imagine Neil gets sent all sorts of info when it seems likely a band is playing. I can imagine people often put two and two together and then claim they have inside knowledge. Not saying this source in particular is like that, but I imagine when you're in Neil's position you will have to be on guard a bit. Anyone could potentially claim at this point that they have 'heard' they are headlining...it's a bit obvious at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Depends if Live Nation / Festival Republic, AEG or IOW Fest have thrown a wad of cash their way. 

On 06/11/2016 at 1:02 PM, Zac Quinn said:

My Mum likes them too. Rock music for people who like pop music.

The Fooey bunch should have been booked at least ten years ago, they may still out stadiums but they've gotten less and less exciting with every release this century. It feels too much like a 'they've never done it so let's have them do it' kind of booking, which would be okay if they just played Greatest Hits sets these days and weren't constantly trying to promote new albums nobody is interested in, but that isn't the case.

Maybe it feels lame because it's essentially just a hangover booking from 2015. Let's hope it goes better for them than U2.

They played in 1998.

1 minute ago, craigb said:

Depends if Live Nation / Festival Republic, AEG or IOW Fest have thrown a wad of cash their way. 

Normally I'd consider this, but given they were booked to headline Glastonbury and pulled out, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't return/the festival wouldn't be able to get them back 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I can imagine Neil gets sent all sorts of info when it seems likely a band is playing. I can imagine people often put two and two together and then claim they have inside knowledge. Not saying this source in particular is like that, but I imagine when you're in Neil's position you will have to be on guard a bit. Anyone could potentially claim at this point that they have 'heard' they are headlining...it's a bit obvious at the moment.

Yep, I get sent some quite random stuff.

This one had a story to it that sounds quite plausible (I can't give details, it shouldn't be public), but as I say I can't verify it.

obviously all signs are pointing to it being the Foos at the moment, but considering how he got stung with Coldplay last year, Radiohead this year and Stone Roses not long ago can you blame Neil for not putting total trust in these sources? i can't see it being anybody else but Foo Fighters, but can understand why Neil wants to tread lightly concerning headliner info

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Normally I'd consider this, but given they were booked to headline Glastonbury and pulled out, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't return/the festival wouldn't be able to get them back 

well, apart from them probably having more lucrative offers after a bit of time away.

I'd guess it comes down to how obligated the band or their management feel towards the cancelled shows for how high they are on the list of things to do.

I do think Prophets of Rage will be on the Pyramid the same day as them. There's obviously history of the two acts doing stuff together.I can't see them being in the sub spot, but 3rd down before someone like Royal Blood could be the ticket. 

Radiohead

Bon Iver

Sheeran

Gaga

Foo Fighters

Royal Blood

Prophets of Rage

When you look at it that way though, I reckon it makes more sense for Sheeran/Gaga to do the Sunday. Prophets, Royal Blood and Foo Fighters seem like an odd Sunday trio. Especially if Diana Ross is before Prophets!

Is this a Foo Fighters fan asylum? I'm too scared to mention them in the headliners :P

Would be buzzing to have them, was gutted when they cancelled the other year, especially as I had tickets to the tour as well and the rescheduled dates clashed with my holiday. 

I also actually quite liked Sonic Highways :ph34r:

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I do think Prophets of Rage will be on the Pyramid the same day as them. There's obviously history of the two acts doing stuff together.I can't see them being in the sub spot, but 3rd down before someone like Royal Blood could be the ticket. 

Radiohead

Bon Iver

Sheeran

Gaga

Foo Fighters

Royal Blood

Prophets of Rage

When you look at it that way though, I reckon it makes more sense for Sheeran/Gaga to do the Sunday. Prophets, Royal Blood and Foo Fighters seem like an odd Sunday trio. Especially if Diana Ross is before Prophets!

i can't see them having three 'heavy' acts on one after the other on the Pyramid - looks far too much like a Reading run of acts. think Prophets of Rage will more likely be on the Friday in either the hip hop slot or heavy slot (if they're a thing) if they actually play the Pyramid

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, apart from them probably having more lucrative offers after a bit of time away.

I'd guess it comes down to how obligated the band or their management feel towards the cancelled shows for how high they are on the list of things to do.

Do you think the sun had a bit of info like you have had with coldplay and Radiohead where it really related to the next year.

Maybe ther prediction of the foo fighters had some substance but just a year early 

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Do you think the sun had a bit of info like you have had with coldplay and Radiohead where it really related to the next year.

Maybe ther prediction of the foo fighters had some substance but just a year early 

anything is possible, including them (or me) hearing wrong info a year early as well as (perhaps) right info.

1 minute ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Is this a Foo Fighters fan asylum? I'm too scared to mention them in the headliners :P

I have a lot of love for Foos, which probably has a lot to do with my age really. Growing up in the 00's I couldn't escape their music, Kerrang / Scuzz / Guitar Hero, they were everywhere. For myself, growing up and getting into rock, they were the go-to band: accessible, memorable and playful. Radiohead on Friday, System / NIN on Saturday and Foos on Sunday would be great. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

i can't see them having three 'heavy' acts on one after the other on the Pyramid - looks far too much like a Reading run of acts. think Prophets of Rage will more likely be on the Friday in either the hip hop slot or heavy slot (if they're a thing) if they actually play the Pyramid

It would be a bit of a wasted opportunity though to not have Dave and Prophets do something together. Although you are right, it would look like a Reading lineup. 

Prophets > Bon Iver > Radiohead would be pretty rad though.