Foo Fighters

Gozpot

4 hours ago, play it cool said:

We know that Glastonbury means a great deal to Radiohead and I'm sure it'll be a special moment for them (and us) when they play. For FF (assuming they play), it may just be another European festival, but ultimately it doesn't matter as long as they deliver.

Nah Dave gets it.

"It’s an amazing thing – THE POWER OF THE GLASTONBURY!” Dave Grohl proclaimed to NME a fortnight ago, waving his arms in mock Gandalf grandeur. “It’s only just starting to sink in for us. I don’t really know if we have that same kind of iconic old-school festival back home,” he explains, before grinning his way through platitudes for what Michael Eavis has spent 60 years creating in Somerset: “an institution… that badass fucking farm party… a place that’s basically music festival Valhalla."

"I’m so excited to show up, walk on the side of the stage, look at the audience and just think – oh this is gonna be gooooood. We’re gonna fucking give it to them tonight.”

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I see no reason why Foo Fighters would be coming back to the UK to play their own shows, they played stadiums summer 2015, they need not return so soon 

because the people of the UK like live music so much they will pay considerably more for a ticket than anywhere else on earth.

15 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The Echo Arena in Liverpool is announcing a "golden gig" tomorrow, could be connected to that. Although Bruno Mars is due to announce a tour which we already know includes Liverpool, so probably more likely to be him.

and his new song is called 24 carot magic or something

17 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The Echo Arena in Liverpool is announcing a "golden gig" tomorrow, could be connected to that. Although Bruno Mars is due to announce a tour which we already know includes Liverpool, so probably more likely to be him.

There was me thinking it was going to be Spandau Ballet.

12 hours ago, Ovechkin said:

Nah Dave gets it.

"It’s an amazing thing – THE POWER OF THE GLASTONBURY!” Dave Grohl proclaimed to NME a fortnight ago, waving his arms in mock Gandalf grandeur. “It’s only just starting to sink in for us. I don’t really know if we have that same kind of iconic old-school festival back home,” he explains, before grinning his way through platitudes for what Michael Eavis has spent 60 years creating in Somerset: “an institution… that badass fucking farm party… a place that’s basically music festival Valhalla."

"I’m so excited to show up, walk on the side of the stage, look at the audience and just think – oh this is gonna be gooooood. We’re gonna fucking give it to them tonight.”

What Dave gets is that it's not a good idea to say something's shit. :P

11 hours ago, abbeyb said:

The Sherlocks have just posted this which appears to by in the same style of the FF posts. If the Sherlocks are involved somehow, presumably supporting, then perhaps the announcement is not about glastonbury after all. 

Quite funny reading all the replies to the tweet where no one has mentioned the foo fighters and a lot think it's a new.album.cover 

14 hours ago, abbeyb said:

The Sherlocks have just posted this which appears to by in the same style of the FF posts. If the Sherlocks are involved somehow, presumably supporting, then perhaps the announcement is not about glastonbury after all. 

So it was just their own tour nothing to do with the Foos

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

and the Liverpool gig is indeed Bruno Mars, so that was all an exciting palava over nothing :lol:

yeah don't think there was a chance that was ever gonna be Foo Fighters :lol: if/when they come to the UK it'll be Glastonbury and then possibly a standalone London date i'd imagine. can't see them doing any kind of extensive tour outside of that

On 10/11/2016 at 0:03 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Foos will be announced by them drawing a giant athletics track round the Pyramid and releasing D-Gro from a trap to run round and round it while people watching on the webcam try to work out who it is.

what if they were to hide it in say fog? ;)