Daft Punk

eFestivals

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

I'm with you. But Roll With It? No album is improved by its presence. 

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Roll With It stays, but Champagne Supernova goes? :unsure:

I'm not particularly a fan of Roll With It but it's status as a single and the part it played in the battle of the singles with Blur means it stays on there. 

I've always thought Champagne Supernova was overrated. I think The Masterplan would work much better as an album closer. 

39 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm not particularly a fan of Roll With It but it's status as a single and the part it played in the battle of the singles with Blur means it stays on there. 

I've always thought Champagne Supernova was overrated. I think The Masterplan would work much better as an album closer. 

I'm not sure Masterplan was even recorded when MG was released. Sure they knocked it out when they needed a bit side.

Fade In/Out one of the few palatable tracks from Be Here Now.

On 11 September 2016 at 8:04 PM, Untz said:

Not allowed until she's got over herself and is doing greatest hits sets.

Nicki Minaj first.

Madonna can play when she can walk up steps again properly. 

Let's have Daft Punk please. They were amazing at (old) Wireless on the Alive tour. 

Talking of Oasis. I listened to Dig Out Your Soul recently, for the first time in a very long time. I'm pretty sure I wasn't a fan of it when it first came out after I'd given it a couple of goes, but it's got some absolutely superb tracks on it. Excellent percussion which sounds really different to their older stuff. 

2 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Talking of Oasis. I listened to Dig Out Your Soul recently, for the first time in a very long time. I'm pretty sure I wasn't a fan of it when it first came out after I'd given it a couple of goes, but it's got some absolutely superb tracks on it. Excellent percussion which sounds really different to their older stuff. 

Zak Starkey played the drums on it, although by the time they got around to touring he'd been replaced by Chris Sharock, who also played on Noel's most recent tour which finished up last night in Brixton I believe! But yeah it's a great album. Love The Turning and Falling Down.

Anyway back to Daft Punk. I never really got into them? I've heard all the songs that everyone knows and I don't particularily like any of them. Make Love is on my stoned spotify paylist and sounds great on a good set of headphones but that's it really!

What am I missing someone point me in the direction of lesser known but brilliant Daft Punk songs!

Edited by Madyaker

5 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Zak Starkey played the drums on it, although by the time they got around to touring he'd been replaced by Chris Sharock, who also played on Noel's most recent tour which finished up last night in Brixton I believe! But yeah it's a great album. Love The Turning and Falling Down.

Anyway back to Daft Punk. I never really got into them? I've heard all the songs that everyone knows and I don't particularily like any of them. Make Love is on my stoned spotify paylist and sounds great on a good set of headphones but that's it really!

What am I missing someone point me in the direction of lesser known but brilliant Daft Punk songs!

If you don't like the Alive album then they're probably not for you! 

29 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

Alive is definitely the album to go to to discover what they are like in the live environment. As nikkic says if you can't get into that album then Daft Punk are probably not ever going to do it for you. 

Listened to their studio albums but for some reason Alive had passed me by until now.  Rectified that last night, and still all over the idea of them playing!

On 9/11/2016 at 11:27 AM, Little Andy said:

Is anyone else a little surprised at the popularity of Daft Punk on this forum? I didn't really know who they were, and I had to stick their name into YouTube to discover that I do indeed recognise a lot of their songs, but its the kind of stuff I usually would ignore - very poppy-dance to my ears, which isn't my bag, and isn't typical Pyramid headliner, no? (Tho clearly they are popular enough by what people are saying on this forum, they just weren't clearly on my radar.)

Yes they do "poppy" but you really have not listened to them if you think they are limited to such.