Daft Punk

eFestivals

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I do get the feeling from Neil though that if DP is right, he also feels RH and SR are very strong in likeliness to happen hence questioning Ed,

Ed is everyone's obvious guess at a newer headlining act. Just because it's that obvious guess doesn't mean it has anything to it.

There's things of more substance for Radiohead and stone roses, so until things change that's where my thinking CV stays.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Ed is everyone's obvious guess at a newer headlining act. Just because it's that obvious guess doesn't mean it has anything to it.

There's things of more substance for Radiohead and stone roses, so until things change that's where my thinking CV stays.

At the risk of trying to overanalyse your every move..

Given that Ed has been listed as SR on the lineup page, since a couple days after the end of the last festival, surely there must have been something of substance for him to be added with that rating in the first place?

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Fair play I guess, Daft Punk would be one act that I would try, get and keep a ticket for. It's true, sometimes it's the most obvious that doesn't happen.

14 minutes ago, incident said:

At the risk of trying to overanalyse your every move..

Given that Ed has been listed as SR on the lineup page, since a couple days after the end of the last festival, surely there must have been something of substance for him to be added with that rating in the first place?

That's the obvious guess thing infecting the process, I'd say :lol:

Unfortunately at the end of all of this I think the most obvious outcome is that the Daft Punk info was the bit that was incorrect, although Christ I hope I'm wrong. Guess the Coachella rumours coming in will be a good indicator of if they're actually active or not as that will almost certainly be the first stop

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Unfortunately at the end of all of this I think the most obvious outcome is that the Daft Punk info was the bit that was incorrect, although Christ I hope I'm wrong. Guess the Coachella rumours coming in will be a good indicator of if they're actually active or not as that will almost certainly be the first stop

Yup. If they aren't there probably forget it.

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Well he's had somebody tell him Radiohead and Roses so I guess if he's gonna believe that either of those are playing he kind of has to believe the other one is as well. Could be, as you said, that it's Radiohead who doesn't end up panning out, but I'm just not willing to go further in to that one for obvious reasons :P 

Sheeran seemed an obvious booking before tabloids started running stories on him headlining so I just can't see that one not happening. IF (huge if) Daft Punk are one of the headliners, then Neil's tidbit of info from his source about Radiohead and the Roses must be wrong, which would mean one of or both aren't playing

Yup, I hope to god this isn't the case  but there's a possibility that Daft Punk, Ed Sheeran and The Stone Roses are the headliners and Radiohead have decided to avoid Glastonbury yet again

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Yup, I hope to god this isn't the case  but there's a possibility that Daft Punk, Ed Sheeran and The Stone Roses are the headliners and Radiohead have decided to avoid Glastonbury yet again

although obviously Daft Punk and Radiohead on one lineup would be insane, Daft Punk instead of Radiohead isn't a bad result either. as we stand though i'm gonna stick with both - HYPE

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Would be awful, and I'd start to think of radiohead and glastonbury have fallen out or something, somewhere along the line

weird that the festival has been huge in their success yet they've distanced themselves from it so much

they played in 2011 (and half of them played in 2010) and all of them attend almost every year. who knows what their reasons are for not having headlined for so long are (although the not wanting to be a house band thing is as good a reason as any) but they've hardly distanced themselves from it - just didn't want people to get sick of seeing their names at the top of the lineup

all null and void though because they ARE gonna headline next year

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

they played in 2011 (and half of them played in 2010) and all of them attend almost every year. who knows what their reasons are for not having headlined for so long are (although the not wanting to be a house band thing is as good a reason as any) but they've hardly distanced themselves from it - just didn't want people to get sick of seeing their names at the top of the lineup

all null and void though because they ARE gonna headline next year

I did this analysis a while ago in the old Radiohead thread, but it still shows why Radiohead haven't headlined in recent years - there are legitimate reasons and they aren't avoiding the festival at all 

2006 - there was no festival that year, and they were in America that time of year anyway
2007 - they weren't touring/were finishing In Rainbows
2008 - probably the best year they could have booked them as they were in the Europe and touring at the time. Perhaps due to the fact that they'd only released 1 studio album since their last headline performance, Glastonbury thought they'd wait a few years for another release, not knowing how long that could leave them not headlining again.
2009 - didn't play any shows between March-August that year, also played R&L, not completely sure but i'm assuming they were and exclusive UK festival booking
2010 - not touring
2011 - had released TKOL but hadn't properly worked out how to play it live yet
2012 - again, would have made sense for them to headline but there was no Glastonbury this year
2013 onwards - not touring (bar 2016)

Edited by dylangraham

12 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Put me in the more or less category i agree that'd be a humdinger of a threesome. 

Going to have nightmares about Thom, Ed and Guy for weeks now.

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

although obviously Daft Punk and Radiohead on one lineup would be insane, Daft Punk instead of Radiohead isn't a bad result either. as we stand though i'm gonna stick with both - HYPE

Ideally I'd have Roses, Radiohead and Punk, but seeing as how that would NEVER HAPPEN I must confess that I too could stand to lose Radiohead for Daft Punk.  If I had to choose between the two, I'd take DP.

While many of us did our vupmost not to accept it until leaving on Monday morning, I think Radiohead not playing last year was simply down to the festival having already sorted out their headliners well in advance, the H&S nightmare of a secret set and Thom and the lads not being too fussed about it.

The hope is that they were locked in for next year at that point which would certainly make a lot of sense given the rumours and would represent a quick win for the festival. 

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

While many of us did our vupmost not to accept it until leaving on Monday morning, I think Radiohead not playing last year was simply down to the festival having already sorted out their headliners well in advance, the H&S nightmare of a secret set and Thom and the lads not being too fussed about it.

The hope is that they were locked in for next year at that point which would certainly make a lot of sense given the rumours and would represent a quick win for the festival. 

yep i maintain that Coldplay, Muse and Adele would've finished touring by the time 2017s festival rolls around whereas Radiohead will hopefully still be at it hence why they were held back a year when both years headliners were booked. that's the hope anyway. Neil's source who got the info about them being there this year incorrect was hopefully just hearing info of next years festival

anyway, don't want to derail another thread with Radiohead talk..

DAFT PUNK

This is very exciting news. Im intrigued to see what they come out with this time around, if indeed the tour rumours are true. I dont see them rolling out the pyramid set up again. It will have been 4 years since RAM. If they told the key parties assosciated with it at the time (Paul and Pharrell Williams, Nile Rogers, Todd Edwards etc) "keep 2017 free", i cant rule out a full band tour with Guy Man on drums and Thomas slappadabass. Im getting giddy just thinking about it.

Edited by T-Mouse