Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Last ever U.K. Show for ATCQ, so it's this year on the farm or nothing....

Fuck, I really hope they're there or I may be forced to buy a overpriced second hand Parklife day ticket.

The Bestival lineup's alright but nothing that's gonna have me (or I imagine many others) rushing to get a ticket.

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I really hope this means the XX are fine with slots they have previously done and they're going to be other stage headliners 

What d'you mean? They've not headlined Bestival before.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fuck, I really hope they're there or I may be forced to buy a overpriced second hand Parklife day ticket.

The Bestival lineup's alright but nothing that's gonna have me (or I imagine many others) rushing to get a ticket.

What d'you mean? They've not headlined Bestival before.

I know I edited my post 

I still live in hope that it'll be the other stage rather than pyramid. Good line up from bestival tho 

47 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The only exclusive I can see mentioned on the website is Jamie T.

I guess you have to take this Bestival on it's own merits and not compare it to past events. In that sense it's a solid lineup, a diluted Bestival if you like. I hope it maintains it's spirit after the move because it's now competing with several similarly sized festivals on the mainland. I like Rob da Bank, he seems like he has a real passion for it but I do fear for Bestival's future a bit.

Someone posted a picture of RdB's phonecall list a couple of days ago and listed was one Michael Eavis. I'm hoping they came to an agreement where both festivals share Pet Shop Boys, Justice and ATCQ.

12 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Someone posted a picture of RdB's phonecall list a couple of days ago and listed was one Michael Eavis. I'm hoping they came to an agreement where both festivals share Pet Shop Boys, Justice and ATCQ.

With Pet Shop Boys taking a headline slot at another festival here (I forget which one although think it was a new one) I don't think they'll be at Glastonbury. Hoping for the other two though!

2 minutes ago, modern_age said:

Surely Jamie T is in with a shot now?
Weird he isn't on the main-stage at Bestival? Maybe he's taking lower slots now. 

Jamie T seems to be listed as an exclusive for Bestival on their website.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

With Pet Shop Boys taking a headline slot at another festival here (I forget which one although think it was a new one) I don't think they'll be at Glastonbury. Hoping for the other two though!

Yeah, you're right. With that and their tour dates on 24th, 25th and 26th June I think we can safely say there'll be no PSB this year

34 minutes ago, modern_age said:

Surely Jamie T is in with a shot now?
Weird he isn't on the main-stage at Bestival? Maybe he's taking lower slots now. 

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

Dammit! Was hoping for Jamie T! 

seen as Bestival's 'Fourth Headliner' so not a lower slot. Considering most thought Justice were nailed on for that slot, Bestival have done better than expected there.

Problem with Jamie at Glasto is that after subbing Chems in 2015, the only step up he could realistically play is 3rd down pyramid, or headline Other. And having played 2 years ago, I doubt they would want him back playing those slots so soon.

Bestival: Good but nothing mind blowing, the mix of stages and acts on the lower stages are brilliant but the main stage and the 2nd stage (presumably the box?) look very weak at the moment. They will add more to improve it but they have a huge amount of competition now. They will add more in the coming months but the additions would need to be very strong and by then the tickets won't be £150 so for those reasons i'm out. Also for the vast majority its nothing you can't see elsewhere. I'm seeing charlotte church, Artwork, Midland & Job Jobse in my local venues for example. A few of the other acts are playing live at leeds, a £30 day festival.

Conversely that Beat Herder lineup is probably the best they have ever had and quite comfortably. and its a lot smaller than somewhere like bestival.

Edited by Memory Man

4 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Bestival: Good but nothing mind blowing, the mix of stages and acts on the lower stages are brilliant but the main stage and the 2nd stage (presumably the box?) look very weak at the moment. They will add more to improve it but they have a huge amount of competition now. They will add more in the coming months but the additions would need to be very strong and by then the tickets won't be £150 so for those reasons i'm out. Also for the vast majority its nothing you can't see elsewhere. I'm seeing charlotte church, Artwork, Midland & Job Jobse in my local venues for example.

£150 though for a ticket right now, that can't be sniffed at for 4 days of music with some great stuff all over the place. If I knew I'd still be in the country I'd be getting a ticket right away.