Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Would be pretty ace if they managed to get both Primal Scream and Flaming Lips to headline JP just a few years after headlining Other. Guessing one of the two won't happen though. 

Not my scene man but fairplay

5 hours ago, jparx said:

As a veteran of Y-Not I have to say that lineup is fucking tragic. I'm happy the organisers are making a success of it, but it's depressing to see the festival shift more and more tickets with such uninspiring lineups of recent years.

I'm guessing if what they want isn't around they have to move into booking what the bigger fests won't give a bigger slot to.

10 hours ago, Badlands said:

The Libertines are booked for a new festival 10 minutes away from my house,  looking at the lineup and ticket costs however, I'm not sure how successful it's going to be. Festivals within the surrounding NE postcode tend to end up going tits up.

It's a lot of money for the acts announced so far, £170 and will struggle if there don't have anything big coming up.

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Vaccines on that bill though, eh Mardy? 

Hehehe. I stand by my belief that the 2nd album by them is great. A full on belter of pop hits. And for about 6 months that summer they were shit hot live.

But I've no interest in them now. Third album was pretty terrible, they had a shot, they fucked it. So that's that. No interest in going to see them for nostalgia's sake. That was then, this is now. Give me something exciting, something to turn my world upside down for a few minutes and leave me giddy.

what's that Beth Orton line? 'Won't you please, knock me off my feet for a while' 

Edited by Mardy

17 hours ago, Odessa said:

I've been to see them loads past few years and it's always been roughly £20. The Leeds gig last year was £26 after fees but that was an outdoor gig with 3 support acts, I'm expecting this to be about 20+fees.

Cheers. Just hoping they don't bump the prices up on this occasion!

10 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

For purely selfish reasons (I tend to get pulled towards the bigger stages for headliners) I hope they don't headline and so I can catch their set

Yep, having missed Staves for Lionel in 2015 I'd love to catch them on the farm in a decent slot. Was dragged to see F&TM on the basis that they were supporting, and they sounded great in a supporting slot in Sheffield Enormodome so I reckon they'd be ace.

And if Mr Bon Iver is playing then they can appear on each others shows. Bolm.

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

At the risk of encouraging the downvoting brigade (really, guys? Because people don't like the bands you like...? REALLY?! :) ), I have to agree that the mid-sized festivals so far announced have been AWFUL. Headliners well past their heydays and an undercard as dull as ditchwater. Why don't these events give a leg up to rising bands and give them a chance? I mean, does ANYONE actually get excited at the prospect of seeing the Stereophonics in a headline slot anymore?

Ben

I'm amazed just how many mid-sized festivals there seems to be this year. In a climate where the larger festivals are struggling or even going out of business, it appears that the sustainable way forward for the industry is to organise more regional events? Every county seems to have one! Certainly seems to have worked for Kendal Calling, who've sold out with, for my taste, one of the most unexciting lineups I've seen there for a long time. Fair play to them though, and it looks as though the likes of Y-Not, Truck, Victorious, Boardmasters, etc are following a similar vein

Just now, JoeyT said:

Optimism & hope or based on anything?

he has Euro dates from beginning of June to beginning of July.

The man who books West Holts has said to me (within the last few years) "you'll get Damian one day" (cos it might have been suggested to him :P)

I think that Damian was nearly a done deal 2 or 3 years ago - he played Paris on Glasto weekend - because hindsight on some of the things said to me has that make sense. It was the same year that the 'one day' thing was said to me.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

he has Euro dates from beginning of June to beginning of July.

The man who books West Holts has said to me (within the last few years) "you'll get Damian one day" (cos it might have been suggested to him :P)

I think that Damian was nearly a done deal 2 or 3 years ago - he played Paris on Glasto weekend - because hindsight on some of the things said to me has that make sense. It was the same year that the 'one day' thing was said to me.

Lovely.

It'll be great if we get Damian & Toots this year.

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Lovely.

It'll be great if we get Damian & Toots this year.

Toots has done it more recently (2010) than Damian (2007).

Unfortunately I'm not expecting 2 reggae acts. There's been just one each year in recent years. :(

The only reason I can think of that he'd have gone for Toots and not Damian would be because this summer is perhaps the last time Toots will tour (I'm guessing).

1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Is Damian Marley that big? That's not a diss by any stretch, I'm just ignorant to his relative size.

he's the biggest reggae act out there, by a long shot.

He's defo big enough to headline West Holts. I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he was 2nd from top, tho I doubt West Holts budgets would stretch to him and someone bigger above him.