Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

I still dont get why we are so confident that Bon Iver will be there. I just don't want to be let down when the line up comes out.

Tbh it's kind of resting on the fact that he showed up the past two years so seemingly has a fondness for the place. I can't imagine he'd be on site twice without the Eavi trying to strike up a deal for him to come back with his own band when they're back on tour. Christ knows what goes on behind the scenes though and it might not fit in with his schedule or something. Just gotta keep on hoping

15 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

FWIW, I reckon/hope this is what we'll get

Friday
Pyr: The Radioheads, Firstname Bon Secondname Iver
Oth: The Weeknd
WH: Bjork

Saturday
Pyr: Theodore Sheeran, HRH Lady Gaga Princess of Wales
Oth: NIN for the lads
WH: Run The Jewels, The Avalanches

Sunday
Pyr: Foo and the lads, The XX
Oth: Alt-Right J
WH: A Tribe Called Quest, Erykah Badu

I hope this too. Surely an Alt-J/Foos clash is better than Radiohead or Ed

I've had someone email me, claiming to know that Green Day will headline the Other Stage at the same time Ed Sheerhan plays the Pyramid.

If that's correct, then it looks like Ed must be on Sunday, as that's the only date Green Day have free.

Looking at Green Day's dates, it certainly looks like there might be something to what this guy has said.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've had someone email me, claiming to know that Green Day will headline the Other Stage at the same time Ed Sheerhan plays the Pyramid.

If that's correct, then it looks like Ed must be on Sunday, as that's the only date Green Day have free.

Looking at Green Day's dates, it certainly looks like there might be something to what this guy has said.

Wow...... if that's true

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Wouldn't this mean that the information about Alt J headlining couldn't be correct? I might be wrong but didn't that claim Foos were definitely Sunday 

7 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

How feasible is this? Not to discredit you Neil of course, but this seems like a massive one if true.

14 year old me would absolutely love this.

Wouldnt be a bigger booking than Metallica at other stage would have been.

Edited by Ovechkin

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Wouldn't this mean that the information about Alt J headlining couldn't be correct? I might be wrong but didn't that claim Foos were definitely Sunday 

Nah I think it was just that they're headlining the Other Stage, and they know Foo Fighters are headlining so they're probably up against them and Sunday also fits best with them doing Hurricane/Southside. They could feasibly both fit if alt-J did the dash back and forth from Germany to headline Saturday (it's happened before, Tom Odell this year) an Green Day rounded off the weekend but I guess we're approaching an announcement of one of these Pyramid headliners so that should clear things up.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, Ovechkin said:

Wouldnt be a bigger booking than Metallica at other stage would been.

It is of that order.  I'm fairly sceptical at the moment, but if it turns out to be true I'll be down the front in a giant pair of shorts bellowing along to All The Small Things like I'm 13 again.

Blimey - that's a corker if true. Can't say I'm their biggest fan, but it would be cool to hear some of their older tunes live.

I'm sure Ed will get a massive crowd either way, but I imagine Green Day will divide the numbers a bit. I can imagine there being a decent bit of crossover there (certainly more than the NIN dream).

Edited by jparx