Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

I keep forgetting to - I text someone to say 'Radiohead are looking good for Glastonbury" friend replied going "They've announced, the went all out and painted a bear logo in the field.." 

Saying that, a had take away tonight, the guy told me to enjoy my food, I replied "Thanks, you too!" as a closed the door...

So someone on Graz 2.0 (A Dutch forum dedicated to festivals) who appeared to be regarded as trustworthy by the other members of the board was asked about the non-festival shows he said that he thought Dublin, Manchester, Italy and Scandinavia.

Latest rumour from atease...

That would make sense to be fair. Places they neglected on the last summer tour. Though wouldn't keep the Scots happy! 

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sod it, been holding off for a while but it's time for a setlist.

Burn The Witch

Creep

There There

Daydreaming

Ful Stop

Lotus Flower

Pyramid Song

I Might Be Wrong

Let Down

2+2=5

(nice dream)

Optimistic

Identikit

The Numbers

The National Anthemn

Reckoner

Mixymotosis

Idioteque

Nude

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Encore:

Airbag

Everything In It's Right Place

Paranoid Android

Street Spirit

Encore 2:

Just

Karma Police

Now this is just beautiful. I was starting to feel very nervous and having palpitations seeing people do lists without Nude in them. Does not compute.

I would give anything for them to play Optimistic in June. And Airbag. And There There. Basically your list, yeh. I'd add All I Need for Numbers, and maybe find a spot for Trickster and Talk Show Host, but this is all getting a bit too much for my mind to handle so I'm gonna change the subject. I have a raging semi.

On another note. I used to skip the tune Nice Dream, years ago. I don't know why. It's off arguably my favourite album. But it just didn't sit right with me. Few years back I was listening to the album and Nice Dream just clicked with me. I'd be gutted if they did it live and 'that' guitar section towards the end wasn't massively powerful and deafening. Would hope it came across perfectly. 

1 hour ago, sheffieldlady said:

I keep forgetting to - I text someone to say 'Radiohead are looking good for Glastonbury" friend replied going "They've announced, the went all out and painted a bear logo in the field.." 

Saying that, a had take away tonight, the guy told me to enjoy my food, I replied "Thanks, you too!" as a closed the door...

I say stuff like that all the time. Most mornings when I get to work I reply "alright thanks, you?" when someone just says "good morning!"

19 hours ago, Tuna said:

You'd drop Airbag? Whoa. Such an iconic opener imo. Sets the pace for the whole record by making you bolt upright and eager for more. 

For the longest time those opening chords of Airbag made me very uncomfortable, in a way that almost turned me off from the album entirely. Of course I came around eventually. Airbag in particular didn't click for until I started paying attention to that wonderfully sporadic bass part. I think Colin was planning to fill in the gaps but eventually decided against it, and the effect is somehow brilliant.

But yeah it's really remarkable, especially in the case of Airbag and especially Everything in its Right Place, the way that Radiohead open their albums with tiny bits of music that immediately draw you completely into the world of the album.

Well, since it's started, I've been thinking about this in detail (although its first draft, so don't get too heavy):

Idioteque
Bodysnatchers
You and Who's Army
Airbag
Subterranean Homesick Alien
The National Anthem
Sit Down Stand Up
Present Tense
Let Down
Identikit
Weird Fishes
Go to Sleep
Planet Telex
Lotus Flower
Black Star
No Surprises

2+2
Reckoner 
The Numbers
The Bends

Creep
Burn the Witch
Everything in its right place

9 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Latest rumour from atease...

That would make sense to be fair. Places they neglected on the last summer tour. Though wouldn't keep the Scots happy! 

Independence now 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

9 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

I usually wish people Happy Birthday on my birthday.

6 hours ago, Mash011 said:

But yeah it's really remarkable, especially in the case of Airbag and especially Everything in its Right Place, the way that Radiohead open their albums with tiny bits of music that immediately draw you completely into the world of the album. 

Ditto EIIRP,  5 chords and you're in at the deep end. 2+2=5 has the same effect on me too

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't know if anyone's watching the new series of Black Mirror, but there was a pretty good use of Radiohead in episode 3.

There certainly was! We just finished the series last night. The last episode was tremendous.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't know if anyone's watching the new series of Black Mirror, but there was a pretty good use of Radiohead in episode 3.

made an already edge-of-your-seat episode even more tense for me. great use of the song, and as somebody who's always been a bit indifferent to it it made me appreciate it even more

16 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Now this is just beautiful. I was starting to feel very nervous and having palpitations seeing people do lists without Nude in them. Does not compute.

I would give anything for them to play Optimistic in June. And Airbag. And There There. Basically your list, yeh. I'd add All I Need for Numbers, and maybe find a spot for Trickster and Talk Show Host, but this is all getting a bit too much for my mind to handle so I'm gonna change the subject. I have a raging semi.

On another note. I used to skip the tune Nice Dream, years ago. I don't know why. It's off arguably my favourite album. But it just didn't sit right with me. Few years back I was listening to the album and Nice Dream just clicked with me. I'd be gutted if they did it live and 'that' guitar section towards the end wasn't massively powerful and deafening. Would hope it came across perfectly. 

Funny because Nice Dream is the song that got me into Radiohead! After friends playing their music around me for a while and not liking it finally clicked one day to that tune.