Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

3 hours ago, jparx said:

That's a cracking live album all round. I didn't appreciate it for a while but I've come round to it in a big way!

Best version of Spinning Plates too. 

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Mid-song? Mid-album makes me cry. If there's only 2 or 3 tracks left and I'm nearly home I drive a long way back.

I've been known to get in when I've really misjudged journey time and put a something on the stereo halfway through if I've only heard half in the car.

^^ That is all perfectly natural, normal and acceptable behaviour. 

I choose albums for the car based on running times and estimated length of journey. 

Ideally like to pull onto the drive as the final song fades. 

Although I do include a short track or two on mix cds I've made which can be skipped to if the traffic has been light / the journey quicker than estimated. 

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

You also need spare in case of accidents on the motorway

Absolutely!

I'm liking the fact that CDs are still being listened to in cars rather plugging iPhones, etc, in. 

I have about 12 to 15 in my car right now. 

Who's got what CDs in their car?

Not got many CD's in my car as I tend to listen to the radio, however I know there are copies of Pulp's Different Class, the Stones' compilation album Grrr! and the Manics' Holy Bible knocking about in there somewhere. There's a few more but can't remember off the top of my head.

EDIT: That copy of Grrrr! was picked up in a service station on the way to Glastonbury 13.

Edited by Hugh Jass

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

Who's got what CDs in their car?

None, caveman!

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I wonder what, if anything, this means for the UK tour dates? If they are playing festivals throughout June I reckon that makes a UK arena tour less likely that month.

They'll surely still be doing arenas seeing as it's been indicated a couple of times. I think they'll do European arenas and then go straight into doing European festivals like their tour before Primavera this year.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

have you got the bootleg of the 2003 earls court gig? (it was recorded and played on XFM). The version of spinning plates on there is tremendous

No! Will go hunting for that online tonight. Cheers for the tip, Russy. 

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

None, caveman!

*blows raspberry*

39 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I must have about 25 proper CDs and 25 copied in plastic wallets. Glove box and both front door pockets full.

I prefer mine in the proper CDs in their original cases...as many as both front door pockets will allow!

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not got many CD's in my car as I tend to listen to the radio, however I know there are copies of Pulp's Different Class, the Stones' compilation album Grrr! and the Manics' Holy Bible knocking about in there somewhere. There's a few more but can't remember off the top of my head.

EDIT: That copy of Grrrr! was picked up in a service station on the way to Glastonbury 13.

A Good Read on Radio 4 tonight was poor by their usual standards. 

9 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

tonights listen: 

i find it all entirely fascinating.. 

"this one is called fake plastic trees" - silence
*fake plastic trees finish* - "seems everyone has fallen asleep"

well it hadn't been released then, so pretty much the same reaction most new songs get when played before their studio versions have been released. people were probably thinking 'why are they playing this new w*nk and not Pop Is Dead!?'

Late to races with Radiohead I'm afraid (I Know I know!!!), BUT......I am absolutely loving Fake Plastic Trees!

Can someone give me recommendations for similar tracks, i.e. soulful, moody, melodic such as FPT.

If i get to hear just FPT at the Pyramid then this alone would make it worthwhile for this Radiohead newbie.

Cheers all.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

well it hadn't been released then, so pretty much the same reaction most new songs get when played before their studio versions have been released. people were probably thinking 'why are they playing this new w*nk and not Pop Is Dead!?'

ahaha yes absolutely, it still amazes me though.. because y'know FPT.

anyway, I think everyone is praying for a re-run of the astoria encore:

--
street spirit
pop is dead
blow out

.. I would actually love to hear blowout

32 minutes ago, DaveyGee said:

Late to races with Radiohead I'm afraid (I Know I know!!!), BUT......I am absolutely loving Fake Plastic Trees!

Can someone give me recommendations for similar tracks, i.e. soulful, moody, melodic such as FPT.

If i get to hear just FPT at the Pyramid then this alone would make it worthwhile for this Radiohead newbie.

Cheers all.

How to Disappear Completely will be up your alley! 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, DaveyGee said:

Cheers all.

they kind of steered away from the straight up ballads after The Bends, but Bullet Proof... I Wish I Was from the same album is one you might like (although they don't play it live). later ballad-esque songs they've done take a different turn, but try Street Spirit (Fade Out), How to Disappear Completely, Exit Music (For A Film), The Tourist, Pyramid Song, Give Up The Ghost and Daydreaming (and probably loads more i've missed)