Encore:

Airbag

Knives Out

Just

Where I End and You Begin

Planet Telex

Encore 2:

Cymbal Rush

(Thom Yorke song) (Aborted; "Supercollider" and " Go Slowly" were listed as alternates in this spot)

Fog

Karma Police

Everything in Its Right Place

well that's just a thing of beauty. those opening 4 songs... *drool*

This is the setlist they played the only time I saw them live. That is pretty much perfect.

1. 15 step
  2. airbag
  3. there there
  4. all I need
  5. kid a
  6. karma police
  7. nude
  8. weird fishes/arpeggi
  9. the national anthem
  10. the gloaming
  11. no surprises
  12. pyramid song
  13. street spirit (fade out)
  14. jigsaw falling into place
  15. idioteque
  16. bodysnatchers
  17. how to disappear completely
  18. videotape
  19. paranoid android
  20. house of cards
  21. reckoner
  22. planet telex
    —-
  23. go slowly
  24. 2+2=5
  25. everything in its right place
  26. creep

25 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

This is the setlist they played the only time I saw them live. That is pretty much perfect.

1. 15 step
  2. airbag
  3. there there
  4. all I need
  5. kid a
  6. karma police
  7. nude
  8. weird fishes/arpeggi
  9. the national anthem
  10. the gloaming
  11. no surprises
  12. pyramid song
  13. street spirit (fade out)
  14. jigsaw falling into place
  15. idioteque
  16. bodysnatchers
  17. how to disappear completely
  18. videotape
  19. paranoid android
  20. house of cards
  21. reckoner
  22. planet telex
    —-
  23. go slowly
  24. 2+2=5
  25. everything in its right place
  26. creep

Wow fuck where was that?

3 hours ago, jparx said:

Is it not the opposite? Maybe you out grow the older records, but albums like Amnesiac have grown on me as I've got older. 

Don't think I've really outgrown anything. With the exception of the really angry daddy didn't love me stuff. Aside from that I still enjoy pretty much everything I did back then.

Trouble is that as I discover more music it never replaces, only adds to. Which means there's way more music I want to listen to than there is time in the day!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Don't think I've really outgrown anything. With the exception of the really angry daddy didn't love me stuff. Aside from that I still enjoy pretty much everything I did back then.

Trouble is that as I discover more music it never replaces, only adds to. Which means there's way more music I want to listen to than there is time in the day!

I tend to binge listen rather than listen intermittently. 

Every year I have a listening binge of Radiohead, Grandaddy, The Smiths / Mozzer at some point and binge read / anthology watch about The Beatles. I'm starting to think I like the story of the Beatles more than listening to them. 

15 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Every year I have a listening binge of Radiohead, Grandaddy, The Smiths / Mozzer at some point and binge read / anthology watch about The Beatles. I'm starting to think I like the story of the Beatles more than listening to them. 

I feel that way about a few things! I tend to enjoy sports talk shows more than the actual sports themselves. I've actually stopped watching some sports but still listen to podcasts etc. regularly. 

20 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Well you can always learn a new nugget of information about the story, but you're not likely to hear a Beatles song you've never heard before.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I feel that way about a few things! I tend to enjoy sports talk shows more than the actual sports themselves. I've actually stopped watching some sports but still listen to podcasts etc. regularly. 

1. Love reading interviews. Even interviews with people I utterly dislike. 

2. Listening to test matches on the radio rather than watching them in TV. 

3. Moaning about Pablo Honey far more times than I've ever listened to it. 

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

1. Love reading interviews. Even interviews with people I utterly dislike. 

2. Listening to test matches on the radio rather than watching them in TV. 

3. Moaning about Pablo Honey far more times than I've ever listened to it. 

Swap test matches for golf and I'm right with you :lol:

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Well you can always learn a new nugget of information about the story, but you're not likely to hear a Beatles song you've never heard before.

True. I have a book that describes what the Beatles did on almost every single day of their existence. Fucking ridiculous!

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Swap test matches for golf and I'm right with you :lol:

Noooooo. Love watching golf!

To keep slightly on topic - some bloke at work moved house from Coventry to down nearer here - Berkshire / Oxfordshire - somewhere a few years ago, joined the local cricket team and apparently Ed O'Brien rocked up in his whites to play as a sometime member of the team. 

Sounds a bit smelly (???) to me, but a decent story. 

I'll try and clarify at work tomorrow. 

11 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Noooooo. Love watching golf!

To keep slightly on topic - some bloke at work moved house from Coventry to down nearer here - Berkshire / Oxfordshire - somewhere a few years ago, joined the local cricket team and apparently Ed O'Brien rocked up in his whites to play as a sometime member of the team. 

Sounds a bit smelly (???) to me, but a decent story. 

I'll try and clarify at work tomorrow. 

That sounds pretty believable actually. Though if you're a Radiohead fan you wouldn't bowl the short stuff at Ed in case he breaks a finger!

I know someone who knows someone who says Ed has a therapist for his cat. Not even joking. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

That sounds pretty believable actually. Though if you're a Radiohead fan you wouldn't bowl the short stuff at Ed in case he breaks a finger!

I know someone who knows someone who says Ed has a therapist for his cat. Not even joking. 

"Alright Tiddles?"

"No, I'm not fucking alright, Ed. When will that wailing coming from the basement ever fucking stop? Sounds like a cat being strangled. Piss off on tour for Christ's sake"

Edited by Woffy

Anyone else think the car is a good place to get stuck into an album? I did about 6 hours of driving over the weekend and listened to Ok Computer in full a few times for the first time, it's amazing, airbag is some opener! There's something very enjoyable about driving alone at night with good tunes on the stereo.

Just now, Madyaker said:

Anyone else think the car is a good place to get stuck into an album? I did about 6 hours of driving over the weekend and listened to Ok Computer in full a few times for the first time, it's amazing, airbag is some opener! There's something very enjoyable about driving alone at night with good tunes on the stereo.

Agree. 

But getting out of the car mid-song is fucking abhorrent behaviour though. 

"I'll bring the shopping in when Reckoner has finished"

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Agree 100% 

Slightly off topic, but Smashing Pumpkins - Eye is one of my favourite night time driving songs. 

I find it very therapeutic going for a drive with a load of music playing though. And as you say, Radiohead is excellent road music. Particularly songs like Street spirit in my opinion.

On 21/10/2016 at 8:20 AM, russycarps said:

I listened to pablo honey on the way home yesterday - it's still gash. 3/10

I listened to the bends on the way in today - it's much better than I remembered. 7/10

OK computer tonight. Exciting times!

Well I have to say I was a bit disappointed with ok computer. The high points are very high, but some of the tracks are quite average in comparison to the rest of their work. And let down isn't even in my top 3 songs on this album....7.5/10

Kid A: yep still one of my favourite albums. Loved it. 9/10

Amnesiac: I'd forgotten how good this is. On a par with kid a really. Great stuff. 9/10

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

Well I have to say I was a bit disappointed with ok computer. The high points are very high, but some of the tracks are quite average in comparison to the rest of their work. And let down isn't even in my top 3 songs on this album....7.5/10

Amnesiac: I'd forgotten how good this is. On a par with kid a really. Great stuff. 9/10

I have to be in the mood for it. Ive put it on and had to turn it off as it's bored me. Other times I have really felt it. I disagree that it is as good as Kid A. 

HTTT is in my opinion Radiohead's most underappreciated work. Its an unpopular point of view, but I love it. It might be the fact it used to get me through comedowns, but I used to put it on a lot during that time.

15 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I don't get why amnesiac gets so slated- I'm sure the inclusion of 'morning bell' again brings down the whole album. Aside from that track it's enjoyable and not too different quality wise than kid a