Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

32 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have to be in the mood for it. Ive put it on and had to turn it off as it's bored me. Other times I have really felt it. I disagree that it is as good as Kid A. 

HTTT is in my opinion Radiohead's most underappreciated work. Its an unpopular point of view, but I love it. It might be the fact it used to get me through comedowns, but I used to put it on a lot during that time.

Perhaps I was just really in the mood for it! but I would rank kid a above it, but only just. Both are brill. HTTT tonight.

20 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I don't get why amnesiac gets so slated- I'm sure the inclusion of 'morning bell' again brings down the whole album. Aside from that track it's enjoyable and not too different quality wise than kid a 

I love morning bell!

15 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I love Morning Bell, probably my favourite track on the album :lol:

6 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I love morning bell!

27 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I don't get why amnesiac gets so slated- I'm sure the inclusion of 'morning bell' again brings down the whole album. Aside from that track it's enjoyable and not too different quality wise than kid a 

I prefer the Kid A version of Morning Bell.

15 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Perhaps I was just really in the mood for it! but I would rank kid a above it, but only just. Both are brill. HTTT tonight.

I love morning bell!

There's already a version of morning Bell on kid a! I object to them including it again on amnesiac on principle! 

26 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I love Morning Bell, probably my favourite track on the album :lol:

Which is the real version of it though- kid a or amnesiac? It's like when they release an alternative version of a film, I don't know which the real version is! 

I've made it through Kid A and Amnesiac.  Travelling to Paris this afternoon so I reckon I can get through HTTT and KOL on the way!  Have to say that on first listen I prefer Amnesiac to Kid A overall, but Kid A definitely has some higher points on it.  How To Disappear Completely is just gorgeous.

I'm really looking forward to going back over them and re-listening more and more, definitely feel like I'll get more on repeated listening.

Oh and for driving, I remember coming back up the M4 from visiting my brother in Bristol at dusk on a Sunday afternoon while I was working though my iPod from A-Z.  Kraftwerk's Autobahn is fucking brilliant on a long drive.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Which is the real version of it though- kid a or amnesiac? It's like when they release an alternative version of a film, I don't know which the real version is! 

The Kid A version obvs. :P

Seriously though, it's the Kid A version they do live.  The Amnesiac track isn't even actually called "Morning Bell", it's "Morning Bell/Amnesiac", thus an alternate version. #pedantalert

But given the right mood, I can prefer the Amnesiac version too.

21 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm sure it was just after. From memory did they not announce the Paris gigs just after they'd announced the first couple of festivals? 

Nah Primavera was announced late January and the gigs, IIRC, were March while 'Adele sub' chat was in overload and we were wondering if they'd be on the poster.

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have to be in the mood for it. Ive put it on and had to turn it off as it's bored me. Other times I have really felt it. I disagree that it is as good as Kid A. 

HTTT is in my opinion Radiohead's most underappreciated work. Its an unpopular point of view, but I love it. It might be the fact it used to get me through comedowns, but I used to put it on a lot during that time.

The alternative tracklist for HTTT is the one I always tend to listen to. Makes for a much better listen and cuts out some of the filler. This here -https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081125222603AAIIVsL

Edited by reflekting

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Then why did they not just re-release the kid a album in its it's entirety but rename it 'amnesiac'? :P

That would probably have been taking the joke a bit too far!  (though could have worked if they just let people pay what they felt like paying for it?)

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, reflekting said:

The alternative tracklist for HTTT is the one I always tend to listen to. Makes for a much better listen and cuts out some of the filler. This here -https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081125222603AAIIVsL

The only thing I don't like about it is that I think 2+2=5 is a great album opener, aside from that I agree re: the filler 

48 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Replace Scatterbrain with A Punch Up at a Wedding and I'd tend to agree! Not sure about the ordering but those ten songs make a much better album minus the other four

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Replace Scatterbrain with A Punch Up at a Wedding and I'd tend to agree! Not sure about the ordering but those ten songs make a much better album minus the other four

I also can't understand why you'd ditch Punch Up for Scatterbrain. Lunacy from Mr Yorke!

On a slightly tangential note - Sit Down. Stand Up. is vastly underrated I reckon. This is just incredible stuff: