Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

17 hours ago, russycarps said:

Did the arctic monkeys live up to your expectations? I really hope they did after reading that!

To be honest mate, it was the 7th time I'd seen them, but obviously the most excited I've ever been to see them. Couldn't believe I was going to see them headline Glasto. While it wasn't technically the best I'd ever seen of them (2011, Birmingham, the day I graduated, fucking insane gig, better than faultless), it was still excellent, atmospheric, and still did what I needed it to do. A few surprises, a few nice touches on certain tracks. Absolutely loved the strings section towards the end. 

I actually feel lucky that I'm experiencing this all over again with Radiohead now. I last saw them at the O2 in around 2014 (I think?) and if I'm honest, I was absolutely gazeboed beyond belief on all sorts, and don't really remember it. I remember being slightly disappointed by the setlist (even more so after seeing that the previous night set list was better to me at the time). So, the excitement levels are pretty serious now. and it's still October. 

Oh, and what's Portishead? 

:D

55 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

To be honest mate, it was the 7th time I'd seen them, but obviously the most excited I've ever been to see them. Couldn't believe I was going to see them headline Glasto. While it wasn't technically the best I'd ever seen of them (2011, Birmingham, the day I graduated, fucking insane gig, better than faultless), it was still excellent, atmospheric, and still did what I needed it to do. A few surprises, a few nice touches on certain tracks. Absolutely loved the strings section towards the end. 

I actually feel lucky that I'm experiencing this all over again with Radiohead now. I last saw them at the O2 in around 2014 (I think?) and if I'm honest, I was absolutely gazeboed beyond belief on all sorts, and don't really remember it. I remember being slightly disappointed by the setlist (even more so after seeing that the previous night set list was better to me at the time). So, the excitement levels are pretty serious now. and it's still October. 

Oh, and what's Portishead? 

:D

I was at that Birmingham gig in 2011! I'm a big Arctic Monkeys fan as well. I kinda grew up with them, I guess. the debut came out just as I was entering my teens and getting into music, so they've sort of been there at every stage of my life... which is why I plumped for them in 2013. It was the hardest clash in my Glastonbury-going history. I'm a huge Portishead fan. Dummy is one of my favourite albums of all time. Basically, I was going to feel like I was missing out whoever I watched... and I don't regret it. It was special seeing AM up there looking like headliners, rather than deer in the headlights (see 2007).

Mardy Bum with strings was lovely. A Certain Romance, standing next to my best pals: 'over there there's friends of mine/what can I say/I've known them for a long, long time'... it was emotional.

All this to say: I feel you.

I still wish I'd been able to see Portishead. God that was a mean old clash. It still hurts. 

ps Gorillaz were great. The fightback starts here.

8 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

I was at that Birmingham gig in 2011! I'm a big Arctic Monkeys fan as well. I kinda grew up with them, I guess. the debut came out just as I was entering my teens and getting into music, so they've sort of been there at every stage of my life... which is why I plumped for them in 2013. It was the hardest clash in my Glastonbury-going history. I'm a huge Portishead fan. Dummy is one of my favourite albums of all time. Basically, I was going to feel like I was missing out whoever I watched... and I don't regret it. It was special seeing AM up there looking like headliners, rather than deer in the headlights (see 2007).

Mardy Bum with strings was lovely. A Certain Romance, standing next to my best pals: 'over there there's friends of mine/what can I say/I've known them for a long, long time'... it was emotional.

I still wish I'd been able to see Portishead. God that was a mean old clash. It still hurts. 

In my 3 glasto's I've been very, very lucky not to experience any clashes like that. I feel for you, and I dread it happening!

We were exactly the same mate in that crowd, was unreal when they played Certain Romance. It was technically superb to be honest, sounded just like on the record and massively powerful. Yeh, hooked as soon as I heard the first album. Absolutely love their evolution and how they've basically written very different song styles but still been hugely successful. The 2nd album is 'arguably' my favourite album of all time. His lyrics in every album speak for themselves. Especially the 3rd, Dance Little Liar is breathtaking even if you just read the words, let alone the song. How on earth he's written in such depth about covering up a lie to your Mrs. Utter genius.

Anyway. So how about Radiohead guys, huh? Am I right? How about those guuuyyyss.

I'm still very, very drunk. 

Edited by Stokesy10

8 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

Oh, and that LG gig in B'ham was absolutely beyond belief. One of the best days of my life. My mate is the most gullible fuck ever, it was his Monkeys debut, he loves them as much as anyone. I'd seen em 5 or so times by then. His favourite song ever is 505. We told him they refuse to play it in the Midlands "cos of a bad reception from the crowd last time they were there". He was proper stressing. Sending me all their recent setlists saying "how the fuck are they closing with it everywhere but they won't in Brum?!". He almost had a breakdown when it came on. But yeh, that was possibly the best performance I've ever witnessed from a band.

Edited by Stokesy10