Madabout G

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness I'd love it to be Elton, regardless of seeing him a couple of weeks before Glasto. Nothing beats your favourite acts on the Pyramid.

Diana Ross would be good, she has some classics, can't help but think it'd be a bit gimmicky, no idea what her voice is like these days? Struggling to think who else it could be, but I'd wager it's definitely a solo artist.

By all accounts she still sounds pretty strong, certainly better than Bazza BeeGee unfortunately. 

Go on setlist.fm and look at her average stats. If you just think Chain Reaction and Coming Out then maybe gimmicky, but they are setlists of stone cold classics!

Would love to sing along to Elton John at the Pyramid. If not, how about Brian Wilson? He's just extended the Pet Sounds tour to include March-May in the states, which are labelled as "an initial 37 new dates" so perhaps that could be extended back to Europe(?) He was fantastic back in 2005 when he was touring Smile.

43 minutes ago, pjadnoo said:

Would love to sing along to Elton John at the Pyramid. If not, how about Brian Wilson? He's just extended the Pet Sounds tour to include March-May in the states, which are labelled as "an initial 37 new dates" so perhaps that could be extended back to Europe(?) He was fantastic back in 2005 when he was touring Smile.

He's done it already!!

@SwedgeAntilles what time do you get out of bed if you cannot make it to the pyramid for 4 of clock??

She's a bigger draw than Lionel surely? 

Bit of a diva mind. I swear i heard a great story about the incident when the rest of the band realised they were going from 'The Supremes' to 'Diana Ross & the Supremes', involving a costume change mid song... for the life of me I can't find it on the Internet though.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ticketholder please.

Stevie Wonder aside, she's pretty much the last OG Motown legend still operating.

25 minutes ago, Badlands said:

He's done it already!!

@SwedgeAntilles what time do you get out of bed if you cannot make it to the pyramid for 4 of clock??

She's a bigger draw than Lionel surely? 

Bit of a diva mind. I swear i heard a great story about the incident when the rest of the band realised they were going from 'The Supremes' to 'Diana Ross & the Supremes', involving a costume change mid song... for the life of me I can't find it on the Internet though.

I may have seemed overly dismissive, I'm all for Diana, she's absolutely a legit legend in my eyes. I didn't bother with ELO and Lionel was too end of the pier for my liking, but Diana Ross does appeal to me. It's more that after four nights on it's a big effort to get in on the Sunday. Had to psyche myself up to get down to Peej this year ffs. I'm an auld man.

Diana would make me very very happy. Jesus just thinking next year could be a proper vintage one going by the rumours so far. Just need the sunshine to cooperate and we're golden. Think I'll be on my knees praying till June next year with a bit of nekkid worship dancing thrown in for good measure. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Continuing his tradition of playing unlikely provincial football stadiums over Glastonbury weekend, Elton has announced a gig at Airdrie Excelsior stadium on the Saturday.

I think we can put the meerkat costumes back in the box for another year.  Or two.

I saw him in Walsall's Bescott Stadium last year. Is he on some sort of quest to play all 72 football league grounds (and lower league Scottish ones too)?

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Whoever books his gigs is either insane or some sort of low level genius.  Maybe he gets cheap deals or something.  He played Meadowbank last year, which has been on the verge of demolition for years, and it's the first gig I can recall being on there for about a decade.

I think its genius. But have no reasoning to back up this opinion.

22 minutes ago, danegg said:

Out of interest, does the Diana Ross rumour actually come from a specific source? or just speculation?

Either way it'd be ace.

Barry Gibb was interviewed after he showed up in Coldplay's set and said he'd love to do the legend slot or something but that he thought Diana Ross was already lined up for 2017.