Madabout G

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, louise2014 said:

Where's the Ed Sheeran rumour come from? So far no tour dates/album that I've seen.

The Sun (who are usually pretty good with this stuff) announced that he was one of next years headliners some time ago. he may not have anything announced yet but it's a fairly safe bet that he'll have a new album out and be touring next year, and what with him voicing his desire to headline the festival it seems like a fairly obvious and easy booking for both parties. the only thing standing in his way at the moment is the Daft Punk rumour, which is almost definitely misguided imo. can't see past the trio being Stone Roses, Radiohead and Ed Sheeran myself

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Whoever books his gigs is either insane or some sort of low level genius.  Maybe he gets cheap deals or something.  He played Meadowbank last year, which has been on the verge of demolition for years, and it's the first gig I can recall being on there for about a decade.

first gig there since T in the Fringe way back in 2007, that feels longer ago than that 

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Sun (who are usually pretty good with this stuff) announced that he was one of next years headliners some time ago. he may not have anything announced yet but it's a fairly safe bet that he'll have a new album out and be touring next year, and what with him voicing his desire to headline the festival it seems like a fairly obvious and easy booking for both parties. the only thing standing in his way at the moment is the Daft Punk rumour, which is almost definitely misguided imo. can't see past the trio being Stone Roses, Radiohead and Ed Sheeran myself

The Sun in a sentence without spit in your mouth. I admire the restraint

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

first gig there since T in the Fringe way back in 2007, that feels longer ago than that 

Yeah, I couldnt go in the end, but I had a ticket for Radiohead there in, I guess, 2006 - but it's been all quiet since the heady days of T on the Fringe.

I seem to recall Prince playing there many moons ago.

Just now, H.M.V said:

The Sun in a sentence without spit in your mouth. I admire the restraint

it pains me to paint them in any kind of desirable light, but they have made a habit of getting this stuff right in the past (despite pushing Foo Fighters instead of Muse until the last minute this year). the Sheeran article came out of nowhere so imo it must've come with some kind of information behind it

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah cheers for that. I've seen a lot more about Daft Punk in recent weeks. From the small amount I saw of Ed's set in 2014 he seemed to have the crowd on board - admittedly I did wander off to watch The Wailers. 

I'm intrigued if Bastille will be back as they have a new album...sub headliner on the other?

However, as this is the legends thread I'll leave such speculation for more appropriate places :)

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Are the Sun, despite their obvious shitfalls, actually a good source?

I can never tell

4 minutes ago, louise2014 said:

Ah cheers for that. I've seen a lot more about Daft Punk in recent weeks. From the small amount I saw of Ed's set in 2014 he seemed to have the crowd on board - admittedly I did wander off to watch The Wailers. 

I'm intrigued if Bastille will be back as they have a new album...sub headliner on the other?

However, as this is the legends thread I'll leave such speculation for more appropriate places :)

i think the Daft Punk rumour is taking off because of how rare it is for them to tour/how huge it'd be for them to play Glastonbury. it'll probably amount to nothing in the end, but we shall see. it'd certainly be a whole new level of hype if they're in the picture

Bastille only played this year (sub headlining Other) so i'd be surprised if they returned next year. they'll probably end up playing every other festival instead

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah, I couldnt go in the end, but I had a ticket for Radiohead there in, I guess, 2006 - but it's been all quiet since the heady days of T on the Fringe.

I seem to recall Prince playing there many moons ago.

its before my time unfortunately i just remember its existence

i did a spot of googling and found a small review from a Mr Greg Forbes of the popular music website Efestivals, where he said the supporting act, Editors, blew them away, well outperforming the headliners, Razorlight, Must have been a classic :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

its before my time unfortunately i just remember its existence

i did a spot of googling and found a small review from a Mr Greg Forbes of the popular music website Efestivals, where he said the supporting act, Editors, blew them away, well outperforming the headliners, Razorlight, Must have been a classic :rolleyes:

Dark times, dark times.

54 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Roxy Music...

Wouldn't say no! Ferry was pretty decent on WH a couple of years back, why not invite "the other two" along and make it official

(I know Bryan is a bit of a hate figure around here sometimes, but blimey do they have some decent back-catalogue)

Edited by billum