The Unmissables

the wonderwhy

LCD Soundsystem is the only act I'm totally excited about. Kamasi Washington will be cool too.

Some other stuff there that I'll see without ejaculating - John Grant, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Beck, Kurt Vile, Savages, Garfunkel, Last Shadow Puppets, Underworld.

Said it in another thread, can't believe they keep booking Bastille and Wolf Alice year after year after year. Can't they book someone else?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

LCD Soundsystem is the only act I'm totally excited about. Kamasi Washington will be cool too.

Some other stuff there that I'll see without ejaculating - John Grant, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Beck, Kurt Vile, Savages, Garfunkel, Last Shadow Puppets, Underworld.

Said it in another thread, can't believe they keep booking Bastille and Wolf Alice year after year after year. Can't they book someone else?

They are booked as they are popular with people. Acts are booked to appease people. The festival has varied music, and I know for a fact that my missus is excited to see Bastille.

2 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

I presume Garfunkel will do a hit-laden set? Could be pretty nice on a Sunday afternoon when you'e in pieces.

When you're weary, feeling small...

I'd probably burst out in tears.

i really hope he's not headlining Acoustic. really want to see him

LCD and PJ Harvey are the only really must sees so to speak. I'm really excited about New Order, Chvrches, TLSP and Foals however as I've seen all live fairly recently they will be subject to who they're up against, ideally I'll see them all though.

Aside from that I've counted around 15 other acts on the poster I'd be keen on seeing. 

8 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

I presume Garfunkel will do a hit-laden set? Could be pretty nice on a Sunday afternoon when you'e in pieces.

When you're weary, feeling small...

I'd probably burst out in tears.

I cry every time I hear that song.

New Order is the only non-debatable on that list for me.

Earth Wind and Fire, ELO, Foals, Underworld, Laura Mvula, John Grant, and Bat for Lashes are definitely on the 'definitely' list, although it'll all depend on clashes and/or whether I end up somewhere random. I wouldn't miss New Order for all the tea in China cider in Pilton though. 

51 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

In fairness, Wolf Alice have had a mega year and they are really smashing it on their current tour. They deserve to be there on current form even if they have played a lot recently.

Bastille though? With you on that one.