Sigur Ros

PJ Harvey

Kurt Vile

LCD

Explosions In The Sky

Jeff Lynne

Art Garfunkel

John Grant

No doubt some of these will clash. Second year in a row that I won't be seeing a Pyramid headliner.

Not seen one since Stevie Wonder in 2010.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Dave F. said:

bear hug from Guy Garvey, would be nice as well.

Every time I think of Guy Garvey, I recall Marcus Brigstocke's quote "Guy looks like a man you see walking through a town centre at night carrying his own pool cue so it's surprising his head is so full of beautiful thoughts."

Not debatable - New Order, Underworld, Foals, James

Almost not debatable - Last Shadow Puppets, Madness

Plenty of other stuff I want to see though, but what I mostly want is a ticket!

With my initial underwhelmedness (?) subsiding, I feel ready to contribute my excitement. Especially for:

LCD Soundsystem

PJ Harvey

Earth Wind and Fire

Ronnie Spector (I MEAN SERIOUSLY!!!)

ZZ Top

Am I leaning towards heritage acts? Hell yes. But they're the ones you should be getting excited for right!

Edited by Alcatraz

- LCD are the standout for me. Big fan but never seen um live. It's my number 1,2,3,4 & 5th objective. 

- Earth Wind n Fire and also Ronnie Spector will be great for a dance and a sing-a-long. Great atmospheres absolutely guaranteed for both and I hope to be at both too, clashes permitting.

- Madness - Goes without saying. I was in Lost Vagueness in 07 and it was special. As long as it's a decent slot I'll be there again. 

- Foals - Not many main streams acts announced so far I'm bothered about but Foals are the exception. Class band. 

- Wolf Alice - Again a new one for me live if I get there this time. 

- Art Garfunkel - Won't be missing this. Hoping for better than Paul Simon though. 

LCD Soundsystem

Ronnie Spector

New Order

Beck

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Grimes

Tbh my interest drops off quite rapidly after that, but probably because I've seen them all before. Even of my 6 there's only Beck and Ronnie I haven't seen.

Edited by Bradders

LCD, Kamasi Washington, Art Garfunkel, Sigur Ros, Floating Points, Explosions In the Sky, The Syrian National Orchestra and Beck form my 100% unmissables.

Cyndi Lauper, Gregory Porter, Earth Wind & Fire, Santigold, Mbongwana Star, ELO, Bat For Lashes and Ronnie Spector would be my next tier of really want to sees.

Grimes and M83 would be all up in there, but I'm taking a bit of importance off them because they're doing Latitude (if all goes to plan I'll be seeing Kamasi Washington three times this summer, but there's no way I'm taking chances with him, he's a must see).

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN
changed "of" to "off", you c**t

13 hours ago, McCor said:

It would appear, from this thread, I must see LCD & Explosions. Even though I don't know either of them.

Edit: Just listened to 2 EIS tracks. Sold. All the feels.

Hooray! They're an absolute force live too. Way more intense than on record. The sort of stuff you feel in your bones, y'know.

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Hooray! They're an absolute force live too. Way more intense than on record. The sort of stuff you feel in your bones, y'know.

Yeah, I think most of the lineup is probably better live to be honest!! 

I remember seeing Glasvegas when they did their first tour. A complete wall of sound!!!

Art Garfunkel, ELO, Ronnie Spector, ZZ Top, Earth Wind and Fire, Band Of Horses, Beck, M83, Sigur Ros & Explosions In The Sky are my absolute must sees so really hoping none of them clash. 

After that, as long as none are clashing with the above or each other, I am very keen on catching Foals, Muse, John Grant, LCD Soundsystem, 1975, Gregory Porter, Madness, PJ Harvey, Kamasi Washington. Plus a few more that are on there if I happen to be close by. I know full well that I will be disappointed somewhere along the line but as long as I am able to see the Top 10 then I will have myself a very happy Glasto.