Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Latest BBC update has Weds afternoon rain band slightly further north and Pilton has been downgraded from Heavy to Light rain although the map shows no rain.

Light rain from 3am to 5am tomorrow morning has been added though.

Met Office site agrees with the former but has no rain for the early hours. The likely hood of afternoon rain they have is only 50%

Keep the faith.

So what you're saying is they don't know?

1 minute ago, nban2010 said:

What is with all the misery here?

General cloud and bits of sun with the random light stray shower here and there?

That is pretty decent.

we were teased with fully dry!

the latest from meteociel echos the above. the patch of reasonable rain is thin and quick moving, will be just luck on getting the tent up in the dry unless folk leave it later *hint hint*

I think it's important to reiterate a few points...

1. It's happened before everyone is there so they can undertake a lot of work beforehand to make it as best as possible.

2. The drainage is much better than previous years

3. Glastonbury ground staff are old hands at this.

4. Alot of the pathways were dug up in 2012 (2013?) and a hardcore base put down so it should just be muddy rather than gloop.

I've enjoyed following this thread for the past couple of weeks, by enjoy I mean in a sort of masochistic torturous way of course. What amazes me is how much it's changed and is still changing even a day before the festival, it's been an absolute roller coaster of emotions, I mean a while back a 2010 heatwave was even being predicted (that soon changed) I never ever focus on the weather (for any event other than G) more than a day before, it just shows how futile it is when you start obsessing over it like we all have for the past few weeks!

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

23 minutes ago, spuggy said:

I have been going to glasto since 1985 and the only thing I know for sure is that accurate weather forecasting in choppy English conditions (will it rain in pilton) is basically the same as Astrology.

That's such a typical Capricorn attitude.

1 minute ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Wear your wellies, firstly it'll be muddy and secondly if your wellies are on your feet then it's less weight in your backpack!

That's my plan too. However, not looking forward to the hike across London at 6am in said wellies.

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Even if there's no rain from now, the ground will still get churned up by 140,000 pairs of feet around the main areas. Better to change into wellies before you queue and save your trainers!

If we all hop will it save it being cut up so badly?

Walking boots more like....still don't for the life of me know why people wear wellys....so you get a bit of mud splashed on your legs that easily wipes off..better then ending up with a case of fungus  and blisters from trying to walk miles over a 5 day festival in sweaty non breathing rubber boots that really arent designed for such walking.

Walking boots being laced up tight always feel more secure as me.less likly to be pulled off by sticky goop and the soles are often gripper as well so less chance of falling over

I took wellys my first time in 2013 never wore them and never taken any sincein.... 2014/15 got by fine with boots despite the mud(esp in 14)

Edited by waterfalls212434

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Walking boots more like....still don't for the life of me know why people wear wellys....so you get a bit of mud splashed on your legs that easily wipes off..better then ending up with a case of fung  blisters from trying to walk miles over a 5 day festival in sweaty non breathing rubber boots that really arent designed for such walking.

Walking boots being laced up tight always feel more secure as me.less likly to be pulled off by sticky goop

Don't have any! 

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

2014 was dry when we got there - 2016 is very wet

2014 it rained on Thursday afternoon/evening and we had  a mega storm Friday and more rain Saturday all falling on dryish ground. 2016 anything that falls has little or nowhere to go so if it rains it could well get very bad very quickly especially if we get a heavy storm.

Put simply, there is no comparison.

But still, you compared them! :P

1 hour ago, MikeJ86 said:

got a link?

recent_full.jpg

10 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Walking boots more like....still don't for the life of me know why people wear wellys....so you get a bit of mud splashed on your legs that easily wipes off..better then ending up with a case of fungus  and blisters from trying to walk miles over a 5 day festival in sweaty non breathing rubber boots that really arent designed for such walking.

Walking boots being laced up tight always feel more secure as me.less likly to be pulled off by sticky goop and the soles are often gripper as well so less chance of falling over

I took wellys my first time in 2013 never wore them and never taken any sincein.... 2014/15 got by fine with boots despite the mud(esp in 14)

There's no right or wrong answer good wellies can be perfectly  comfortable, go to any rural area and you'll see loads of people who work on their feet 8hours a day every day wearing wellies. 

1 minute ago, fur_q said:

There's no right or wrong answer good wellies can be perfectly  comfortable, go to any rural area and you'll see loads of people who work on their feet 8hours a day every day wearing wellies. 

I wear them for work myself, not out of choice (safety footwear steel toe capped) and I know what my feet can be like after just 3 days doing that haha feet like anything else need to breathe to stay healthy.....rubbers not known for that.