Weather 2016

Keithy

the state of prefestival delirium has reached the stage now where every thread will inevitably descend into a walking boots vs wellies debate - do not be surprised to see the Radiohead thread resurrected along the lines of 'will Thom Yorke be wearing boots or wellies when he does his secret 4am acoustic set in the Bimble Inn?' 

Edited by mikeydredlox

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, MissC said:

Oh goodness this is a popular thread, I can barely keep up.

So I'm seeing the BBC saying no rain overnight and the Norwegians sticking with their rain forecast. What do we think will happen? 

All still to play for...

42 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Walking boots more like....still don't for the life of me know why people wear wellys....so you get a bit of mud splashed on your legs that easily wipes off..better then ending up with a case of fungus  and blisters from trying to walk miles over a 5 day festival in sweaty non breathing rubber boots that really arent designed for such walking.

Walking boots being laced up tight always feel more secure as me.less likly to be pulled off by sticky goop and the soles are often gripper as well so less chance of falling over

I took wellys my first time in 2013 never wore them and never taken any sincein.... 2014/15 got by fine with boots despite the mud(esp in 14)

Amen.

Nothing more demeaning than getting pulled off in wellies

15 minutes ago, MissC said:

Oh goodness this is a popular thread, I can barely keep up.

So I'm seeing the BBC saying no rain overnight and the Norwegians sticking with their rain forecast. What do we think will happen? 

Norwegian forecast has not updated since 8:30am. Hopefully the forecast they are currently showing is a bit out of date, and the 17:00 update will get rid of the rain.

Brighter skies showing coming from the West on the webcam.  About 50 mins til the latest satellite image drops and we can see what that tiny, tiny, thin sliver of cloud is going to do.  Honestly situation is not nearly as grim as some are painting it at all; There is NO significant rain baring cloud that can reach the site for several days.  The cloud overnight/this morning was about 4 times the volume of what is heading in from the SW and depending on the competing fronts it might still just head over the channel and piss on french chips.

Just now, Spindles said:

Brighter skies showing coming from the West on the webcam.  About 50 mins til the latest satellite image drops and we can see what that tiny, tiny, thin sliver of cloud is going to do.  Honestly situation is not nearly as grim as some are painting it at all; There is NO significant rain baring cloud that can reach the site for several days.  The cloud overnight/this morning was about 4 times the volume of what is heading in from the SW and depending on the competing fronts it might still just head over the channel and piss on french chips.

What a post.

*stands up in office and applauds the screen*

Just now, jparx said:

Alright, don't rub it in.

;)

You're nearly there, parxy.

I finished 4 long days on duty and on-call at 0800h this morning, so I am living the dream!

Got some My Nu Leng (Friday 0345-0430h Heaven) hammering out of the speakers, and am fine-tuning the clash finders!

Ben
x