Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC now fallen in line with rain Wednesday pm, heavy rain evening.

There's clearly a band of rain developing, and only 24 hours out I think this is inescapable.

Sorry, this was why I was being pessimistic before - the TV forecasts often precede the web forecasts changing, it's what happened last year in particular. Met Office will be most accurate at this stage. 

8 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

There's clearly a band of rain developing, and only 24 hours out I think this is inescapable.

Sorry, this was why I was being pessimistic before - the TV forecasts often precede the web forecasts changing, it's what happened last year in particular. Met Office will be most accurate at this stage. 

I have had a look at the radar forecasts they are using and we are right on the edge of what is moving north east.

Looking at all I am seeing it is 20 ish miles north west of us more or less moving up the Severn estury.

Very close but could well pass us by and at least it is just a short spell of rain if it happens at all.

Let's not forget it was only 8 hours ago they were all forecasting rain overnight and in the early hours tomorrow and now they are not.

Keep the faith.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

11 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

The site wont recover from this. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

The site wont recover from this. 

You may as well stay at home.

In fact I reckon we should all stay at home and just stream it live on the internet then mud will not be a problem.**

**This is not a serious comment and mud, rain or whatever we will all be on site having fun.

37 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

First post on these forums. Been lurking these threads and jackone's blog for years. This year will be my 6th festival. 

The rain in 2009 on the thursday night was biblical as i recall it. Myself and a friend sat out in our gazebo through the night and were endulging ourselves on all sorts.

People who weren't at Bestival for that Sunday night storm in 2012 (or was it 2011?) - can't complain. That was apocalyptic. I reckon one in three tents were blown out of the ground and ended up in the forest or perimeter fence.

41 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

First post on these forums. Been lurking these threads and jackone's blog for years. This year will be my 6th festival. 

The rain in 2009 on the thursday night was biblical as i recall it. Myself and a friend sat out in our gazebo through the night and were endulging ourselves on all sorts.

Mmmmm636.jpg

5 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

People who weren't at Bestival for that Sunday night storm in 2012 (or was it 2011?) - can't complain. That was apocalyptic. I reckon one in three tents were blown out of the ground and ended up in the forest or perimeter fence.

If that's the one I was at it was the wettest festival I've ever been to. Apocalyptic is right. The main stage was sinking and everything! Still had a great time though!

EDIT - I think '08 was the one I am thinking of actually...

Edited by big__phil

Of course we'll still have fun, but after doing 19 years of this the sunny ones where you can sit down are universally the best. So to hope for flat ground and the chance to sit in the sun drinking your perry is not unreasonable, particularly after a week of looking at sun symbols only for heavy rain that's about as welcome as Coldplay to turning up when you thought Radiohead would be playing appearing at the last minute. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Im still in sunny Dublin. Will be in sunny Taunton for a sundowner. 

This thread started in March by the way. And we still havent a clue.

I agree, madness starting this thread in March.

Perhaps we should earlier next year.