Weather 2016

Keithy

7 minutes ago, incident said:

I think your memory is wrong? 2009 had great weather.

Wednesday and Thursday were fine, great weather. Bit of rain on the Thursday or Friday but not enough to do any real damage, the only real problem would have been a huge downpour on the Sunday night at about 1am to 4am, but that was too late to cause real damage.

My memories are similar to big_phil's, I remember a muddy start

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post on these forums. Been lurking these threads and jackone's blog for years. This year will be my 6th festival. 

The rain in 2009 on the thursday night was biblical as i recall it. Myself and a friend sat out in our gazebo through the night and were endulging ourselves on all sorts.

I know we all love to give it a load of "weather forecasters don't know what they're talking about" stuff but to be fair, wet and stormy in the lead up, starting to clear just as the festival starts is exactly what the consensus has been for weeks.

6 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

First post on these forums. Been lurking these threads and jackone's blog for years. This year will be my 6th festival. 

The rain in 2009 on the thursday night was biblical as i recall it. Myself and a friend sat out in our gazebo through the night and were endulging ourselves on all sorts.

Yeah that's right, it was horrible! I was in a little 2 man tent very reluctant to venture outside

15 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Met Office updated - heavy rain Wednesday evening, thundery showers Saturday.

FUCKITFUCKITFUCKIT

Just had a quick look at the website-heavy rain only predicted for 17.00 on Wednesday (I ignored the saturday). That's not too bad is it?! (Or am I being stupidly optimistic?)

If I were a meteorologist I would love this time of year- 150000 hanging on my every rain and sun icon! Maybe there are just pissing around for a laugh?

I have packed for all weather eventuality.... Have packed extra sense of humour and friendliness to spread round in the event of inclement meteorological conditions!