Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, but it's pretty clear nothing is drying out fast.

I think the one saving grace is that they know about it, and have done for a while. From what I've heard they are digging trenches for drainage and presumably putting down woodchips.

The pics on Points West did look pretty soggy though...

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

who was it that said the ground would dry out quickly when the rain stopped?

It's gonna be one of the worst for mud I reckon, even without more rain.

The ground does have the ability to do so, 2011 was bone dry by the Sunday. It's not going to be dry but it's going to be way better than it was on Sunday night. 

Edited by Ricci's Special Kebabs

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

who was it that said the ground would dry out quickly when the rain stopped?

It's gonna be one of the worst for mud I reckon, even without more rain.

In fairness Neil those predictions were made at a point when the rain was forecasted to end sooner and not be as bad. Not to mention at that point rain wasn't forecasted today and tomorrow morning.

At the time it was hardly a bonkers prediction.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Not a chance. I'm prepared for it being dreadful. :)

I'm not so sure others are tho, there's been a lot of too-high hopes.

I have very high hopes but know full well what it will be like and am more prepared than ever. The only bad thing is I have to carry all the extra wet weather/muddy ground gear but a swift beer will make that feel easier.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, but it's pretty clear nothing is drying out fast.

It would be dry with 1-2 days decent sunshine, but we haven't had that. It's obviously not going to dry out if it keeps raining. But there isn't much standing water about at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

In fairness Neil those predictions were made at a point when the rain was forecasted to end sooner and not be as bad. Not to mention at that point rain wasn't forecasted today and tomorrow morning.

At the time it was hardly a bonkers prediction.

not when the site is flooding cos the ground is already waterlogged. It was bonkers.

The negativity in this thread is annoying af. Tomorrow we'll all be entering our very favourite place that we wait for all year round. Yes we'll have wellies on yes there'll be mud but it's not gonna be a disaster and we're all gonna have the time of our lives.

This time next week you'll all be gutted to be home and wishing you spent less time flapping and more time getting giddy for the greatest show on earth.

Edited by VisionOfLove

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not when the site is flooding cos the ground is already waterlogged. It was bonkers.

This link is my happy place. Fill your boots people. Nasty mud in 2009, turned into the best festival ever.

http://archive.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/06/glastonbury_2009.html