Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, wonker said:

My fiancée is disabled and she can walk but her left leg isn't good in the mud :(

I have a feeling that this is going to be a difficult year... 

My husband is a wheelchair user - it's hard-going in the mud - just make sure you give yourselves lots of time to get to places and use the metal walkways wherever possible, even if it means a detour. The viewing platforms are a brilliant base when it's muddy. It may be difficult, but you'll still have an ace time :-)

4 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

I took the kids to Camp Bestival (great little family festival by the way). I thought that it was the most middle class festival that I'd ever seen and then I saw the Boden tent. Praise the Lord that it's on chalk or the little darlings might get a bit muddy.

I've heard good things about all of rob da bank's festival output. Everything in this country still sounds a far cry from coachella, which hopefully it always will be. Imagine a coachella weather 2016 thread. It'd be one post saying 36° for the duration, no cloud cover, no rain. Where's the fun in that!? No graphs, no rollercoaster.

2 hours ago, slipmatt said:

Not packing wellies? You my friend are mad :)

Lol, yeah, it's a def gamble, as well tempting fate ;)  Although, this'll be my 5th festival and the only time I took wellies was in 2011 and I never used them even though it was pretty wet.  Walking boots did the job then, so I'm planning (hoping) it'll work out again.

P.S. loving the name btw, not sure if related or coincidence, but I am partial to the namesake DJ.

Edited by geoffboycott

34 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

Its just stopped raining here in West Cornwall after 24hrs - so should be stopping up there dreckly.

Plymouth reporting in... it's easing off. Can anyone in Exeter update in an hour or so? Cheers then.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

How's the wind?  A nice drying breeze or still and muggy?

Just poked my head out the door...

Not much wind to speak of and definitely on the warm side. However, the rain has properly stopped now.