Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

Wondering this myself, plus I'm not arriving till midday Thursday so not sure if there will be space either? Anyone?

according to people on here pylon doesn't get jam packed, so think you'll get space there. I think the fields closer to all the action fill up quickly. I usually camp in oxylers and its packed. trying something a bit quieter this year as me and the bf are getting old and like our sleep haha 

Carol on BBC breakfast seemed pretty confident it's going to be dry this afternoon and tomorrow until maybe some rain at 1600.

Wednesday we are getting potential humid air from France. That could bring thunderstorms. 

Ohh she said those of us heading to Glastonbury should expect some showers,  sun and certainly not a mud bath. 

Carol wouldn't lie. 

Edited by Festival Liam

Carol just been giving it the biggun on BBC breakfast - seemed to suggest some more rain later tomorrow, OK Wednesday, and thunderstorms coming into the south (they haven't got a clue where) Thursday onwards. She referenced glasto and said 'sunshine and showers - not the usual mud bath'

Latest time lapse from US Weather Service (again hosted on YouTube due to file size) from 7pm last night through to midnight Friday (though obviously there is less confidence in the forecast, the longer out you go).

Showed 4.5mm dumping early this morning (which is in line with the reports from site) with a bit more to come until 10am. Rain should clear up earlier than Saturdays forecast though now 3.5mm on Tues 10pm, shower 1am Thurs and then a shower Friday morning (10am) through to mid afternoon.

Forecast is in 3 hour segments

27 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Carol on BBC breakfast seemed pretty confident it's going to be dry this afternoon and tomorrow until maybe some rain at 1600.

Wednesday we are getting potential humid air from France. That could bring thunderstorms. 

Ohh she said those of us heading to Glastonbury should expect some showers,  sun and certainly not a mud bath. 

Carol wouldn't lie. 

I also watched Carol. I do every morning but not necessarily for the weather..........

4 minutes ago, geoffboycott said:

Persistent rain overnight and again this morning - lots of surface water on the roads, but it's going to be ok, I'm sure of it - I'm not packing wellies - that my barometer of confidence hehe!

As long as you aren't fishing in a puddle for your keys we'll be good then?