Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not quite a total myth. 2011 wasn't a really bad year for the mud.  2007 was and 2008 didn't sell out.

I know the reason I didn't go in 2008 was because I was still getting over 2007.

Although it is raining, it's nothing remotely like what the site experienced last Friday. It's going to be a muddy festival but definitely not a mudfest or complete washout. Trainers by Saturday at the latest I reckon.

Edited by Ommadawn

21 minutes ago, bsolxiv said:

Ok, I'm willing to wager it will still sell out in under an hour next year whatever this years weather is. Anyone interested?

Thing is though, you could cut the demand for tickets in half, and they'd still be gone in under an hour. Time to sell out is a measure of how good at their job See Tickets are these days.

8 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Although it is raining, it's nothing remotely like what the site experienced last Friday. It's going to be a muddy festival but definitely not a mudfest or complete washout. Trainers by Saturday at the latest I reckon.

Love the optimism! I really hope you're right.

30 minutes ago, bsolxiv said:

I remember 2011 being tough going, but my overriding memory is getting sunburnt on Sunday. Then went to IOW in 2012( much worse) still bought tickets for 2013. 

IOW in 2012 was horrific. 5 hours to get from the ferry to the car parks. They couldn't get cars in it was so muddy. 

Edited by watsonjm

21 minutes ago, mjfromthelane said:

can someone explain why we're believing some fucking norwegians over the BBC?

Dunno. The BBC has had the most positive forecast for days. Ergo, thats the one I'm believing. Ipso facto. Que sera sera.

2007 broke me. didn't try unti . 2010. Managed to go in 2011. That worked well. Ahem And we had some fucker come into our tent (worthy view which wasn't worthy view until the day before the festival the bloke I (and a few hundred) others paid 300quid to disappeared) . The fucker ho came into our tent wasn't drunk- was looking for 'dan' oh I'm dan- i mean Darren ' next (crappily put up- really like 3 sides is almost four that'll do) tent had all their money robbed for the weekend. Partner isn't convinced at best of times. I'm willing it dry so much you wouldn't believe.

22 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Thing is though, you could cut the demand for tickets in half, and they'd still be gone in under an hour. Time to sell out is a measure of how good at their job See Tickets are these days.

Yeah, over a million people registered for tickets for this year. Id say it's safe to assume that more than half of them tried for tickets. Demand is so huge now that it will always sell out regardless of the previous years weather.

28 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This is true, isn't the marathon it used to be.

Stupid SeeTickets, with their growing efficiency. Bastards.

Problem is this thread as far as posters go just seems to attract the most pessimistic possible, im not seeing torrential rain, at most im seeing a few light showers during the festival....as far as mud goes thats expected, and the warm spell also said to hit will dry a lot of that out.....so whats the issue other then pandering to a load of attention seeking doomsayers who even if the weather was claiming no rain at all would still have everybody focusing on the fact its raining now because that automatically means doom because apparently worthy farm has had no drainage works and experience of how to deal with wet ground conditions at all over the last 20 years......cheer the feck up wont some of you?

Edited by waterfalls212434

Just got back to Bristol, was on site for about 6 hrs today. Only saw the East side of the site around Theatre & Circus but it wasn't too bad, despite drizzle all afternoon..

Water from the storm and flash floods of Friday night looked like it had drained away. Because there's not many people on site yet and all site traffic's sticking (?) to the roads/tracks it's a bit churned up round the edges, but everything else looked green and lovely. It's all geared up and ready to go, all it needs is you.

I'm gutted that I'm not back on site till Weds. NFR/NFC. start hoarding sunscreen!:D

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I told them about how sunny it's going to be, Waterfalls, but they never listen

it might not be `sunny` as such but people are talking about this year as if its going to be like famously shit years weather wise when at most all we`re expecting are some showers......I really have no idea where it comes from such pessmism

We are not going to have a full appreciation of the site conditions until this rain has gone (dinner time tomorrow) - all forecasts then seem to agree that tues-thurs most likely mainly dry (odd shower), it's what happens on the fri-sun that's unclear and is causing swings and variations in opinion - that's fair enough tho as its a 5-7 days away - we'll know more come midweek no doubt. Fingers crossed.