Amy Lawn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2016 at 7:00 PM, blue6field said:

Heard the new mystery jets album today for the first time

abslute cracker!

On first listen, I was fairly disappointed some good parts but no where near as good as their other albums so far. Maybe its grower. 

On 1/16/2016 at 10:21 PM, FloorFiller said:

feels like TJF have been away for absolutely ages. seems like much longer than three years ago that Wolf's Law came out. personally didn't like that album as much as The Big Roar, but happy to have them back! any news on when the new'n's out?

Yeah they have been touring america/doing those weird Welsh language singles.

The new Daughter album is great, lives up to the promise of Doing The Right Thing, even if that has ended up being the best track on it.

34 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

The new Daughter album is great, lives up to the promise of Doing The Right Thing, even if that has ended up being the best track on it.

I don't know if I'd say it's the best song on it, I prefer Fossa and No Care, but yeah, it's a great album which is really consistent for the most part. The only song I'm not too bothered about is Made of Stone, don't think it adds anything at the end. Everything before that is really good though.

21 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I don't know if I'd say it's the best song on it, I prefer Fossa and No Care, but yeah, it's a great album which is really consistent for the most part. The only song I'm not too bothered about is Made of Stone, don't think it adds anything at the end. Everything before that is really good though.

They played Made of Stone last on Friday in Cambridge and I thought much the same until the last minute of the song and you think, ok, thats why they played it last.

On 16/01/2016 at 11:05 AM, Badlands said:

New Anderson Paak album was released yesterday and is very pleasant in a chilled Cali hip-hop/soul kinda way. Heavy is the presence of K-Dot in his drawl, but he's also a great singer as well. 

Listened to this a bit over the weekend and it's very good. Had only previously heard him on Compton and The Documentary 2.5 and his features didn't leave that much of an impression but in his own environment he has space to tell some stories and go at his own pace. 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Listened to this a bit over the weekend and it's very good. Had only previously heard him on Compton and The Documentary 2.5 and his features didn't leave that much of an impression but in his own environment he has space to tell some stories and go at his own pace.

I thought he was ace on Compton, Animals was my favourite track on there and he was all over that.

I’ve not switched Malibu off since its release, he’s playing Manchester & Glasgow at the end of February. Hope he’s back across in the summer.

9 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

There's a 15 second snippet on ATDI's facebook of new music (i think?)

sounds very mars volta'y

Yeah its definitely new music. Pretty exciting, but at the same time worrying. Obviously a lot of bands have come back and released great comeback albums lately, but then you've got the likes of Refused who's album was a bit of a stinker. Not gonna get my hopes up - at least then I can't get too disappointed

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah its definitely new music. Pretty exciting, but at the same time worrying. Obviously a lot of bands have come back and released great comeback albums lately, but then you've got the likes of Refused who's album was a bit of a stinker. Not gonna get my hopes up - at least then I can't get too disappointed

Is Jim Ward with them still? I'm sure when they were first announced for a festival this year a few months back he got interviewed about it and he had no idea the reunion was happening...

maybe it's just a new antemasque record but with ATDI's name to get it out there more...

59 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Is Jim Ward with them still? I'm sure when they were first announced for a festival this year a few months back he got interviewed about it and he had no idea the reunion was happening...

maybe it's just a new antemasque record but with ATDI's name to get it out there more...

I get the feeling with the band themself only now becoming active in revealing their reformation that he may have just been playing it coy. At least I hope so, because if it's just Cedric and Omar that would be a huge kick in the nuts. They don't seem like the type of band to use a name to promote an album (like Courtney Love did with Nobody's Daughter)

15 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Not quite sure what I think of that.. sounds pretty bland to me. 

Karl Hyde talks over some reasonable dance music that would be better if Darren Emerson had been involved... sounds like Underworld (since 2000) to me.  

Should imagine they would put on a good live show, they always used to.

Re:ATDI ... I suspect it is all the members of ATDI, it isn't like Cedric and Omar are short of random projects to use as names if it is just those two.

21 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

New Underworld: 

Out of interest, has anyone got the remastered dubnobass or second toughest on vinyl? Are they worth getting?  

I heard it on the radio this morning.  It's not up to their usual standard that's for sure.  The lyrics seem pretty cringy on this.  They've always been pretty random, but usually have some feeling of a stream on consciousness about them.  This just seems like random words.

It's no Pearl's Girl that's for sure.

On 19 January 2016 at 9:54 PM, MattDavies__ said:

New Underworld: 

Out of interest, has anyone got the remastered dubnobass or second toughest on vinyl? Are they worth getting?  

Yeah, I got dubnobass on vinyl last year. Sounds lovely to me. Although I don't have the most cultured ears in the business.

I'd not bother buying any of Underworld's new stuff though, save the money and buy Daniel Avery's 'Drone Logic' album from last year instead.