2016 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I enjoyed them in JP tent a few years ago. Never really explored them since, mind.

lead singer has left since then so the guitarist took over vocal duties. their output hasn't been nearly as good since unfortunately, which is a shame because that first album soundtracked my summer 2011

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

new Yuck

http://pitchfork.com/news/62880-yuck-announce-stranger-things-share-hearts-in-motion-plot-tour/

can't say the new song fills me with excitement, but i'd still take them at the festival any day

Crikey. Can't take that name seriously!

Will have to have to do a listen @FloorFiller . 

Gonna take something pretty great to top Blackstar this year. So far I’m enjoying the DIIV leak (never been too sure how much I like his songwriting beyond the pleasant sonic aesthetic, but this is a step forward I think - the clearer and more prominent vocals help) and Delta Pi Delta by Mechanimal. 

On 10 January 2016 at 4:18 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

True to form for Los Campesinos!'s support bands; Bruising look like they'll be making the most awesome, life-affirming DIY indie pop of 2016.  Soundcloud page

Saw them opening for Diet Cig at the weekend and it was a joy. 

On 10 January 2016 at 4:18 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

True to form for Los Campesinos!'s support bands; Bruising look like they'll be making the most awesome, life-affirming DIY indie pop of 2016.  Soundcloud page

just gave this a listen. very impressed! the kind of stuff i used to listen to exclusively but haven't been discovering much of lately

2 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Thoroughly enjoying the Hinds album at the moment, hopefully they're in the UK a fair bit this summer.

yeah it's great ain't it? had only given them a quick listen before hearing the album so wasn't really sure what to expect but i love it. hope they're back at the farm this year after missing them last year

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

New Weezer album out on April 1st. Touring with Panic! At The Disco

They are playing in America all 3 days of Glastonbury, shame. Going by their tour dates they look like they could play reading.

Though they are playing Manchester Academy 3rd of April and Brixton 5th of April for anyone interested 

I'll probably go to that Manchester date. I've a friend who works on the bar there and if you work there you can get guestlist for any gig for free and a +1 for a fiver (excluding the massive things like Muse/Prince). The problem is she has to go to the gig as well and she's only really into shit like Scouting for Girls and One Direction so most of the time she cant be arsed

34 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

So there was a new Joy Formid song on BBC Wales which sounded AWESOME but I can't find it online anywhere. 

Apparently its only a bonus song on the new album so if the other x number of songs are better then that bodes very well 

I really hope so, with them being away for so long I've been worried they'd fall away into nothingness when they returned. A new awesome album would give em a kick in the right direction