Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

26 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I really like the new track! Was expecting not to for some reason. I agree that it sounds better over headphones and you just know it is going to be huge live. Really hope they open the roundhouse gigs with it.

I also agree with whoever said it feels like it ends abruptly, but presumably on the album the next track will follow on appropriately.

That was my main thought after listening to it. It feels as though it's the first part of something. Could be the album opener with a new track following straight on from it. If the next track on the album is completely different altogether then I might have a bigger issue with the abrupt ending.

Edited by jparx

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They could fart into a packet of crisps and their fans would love it.

New track is dull. "Oh the strings are great!". Still dull.

You think it's dull. People like it because they like it, not because it's Radiohead. Radiohead fans aren't born that way, they - you know - liked the music. Which made them fans. So it's only natural they'll continue to like the music by that band they became a fan of.

It's not a conspiracy.

I thought TKOL was pretty pants. Don't care if Radiohead made it or not.

But that's besides the point - Nal is just trying to get a reaction. If it was the greatest song he had ever heard he still would come here and dump all over it/us :D

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I thought the Richard Ashcroft album came out last week.

Just now, jparx said:

But that's besides the point - Nal is just trying to get a reaction. If it was the greatest song he had ever heard he still would come here and dump all over it/us :D

I think Nal's constant abuses are cute. If Radiohead were a girl in the playground he'd be pulling her hair and pushing her over 

6 minutes ago, calamitymaud said:

You think it's dull. People like it because they like it, not because it's Radiohead. Radiohead fans aren't born that way, they - you know - liked the music. Which made them fans. So it's only natural they'll continue to like the music by that band they became a fan of.

It's not a conspiracy.

well said

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think Nal's constant abuses are cute. If Radiohead were a girl in the playground he'd be pulling her hair and pushing her over 

So what you're saying is Nal <3 Radiohead.

22 minutes ago, The Nal said:

oooooh, you rogue. :lol:

I'd been thinking much the same thing, but decided I wouldn't be the first to say so.

If you put another vocal on there it's indie landfill.

Emperors new clothes. ;)

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

KOL is bordering on my favourite Radiohead album. Can't remember the last time I even considered listening to OK Computer. Come at me.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd been thinking much the same thing, but decided I wouldn't be the first to say so.

Emperors new clothes. ;)

I'm a Radiohead fan, but not blindly so. Many of the tracks referred to on these boards and hailed as masterpieces do nothing/very little for me - e.g. How to Disappear...

However, the new track is great. Because it's great. Not because it's Radiohead. Indie landfill, my arse!

And Lotus Flower is distinctly just alright. But Burn The Witch is ace. Roll on the Roundhouse...

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm a Radiohead fan, but not blindly so. Many of the tracks referred to on these boards and hailed as masterpieces do nothing/very little for me - e.g. How to Disappear...

However, the new track is great. Because it's great. Not because it's Radiohead. Indie landfill, my arse!

And Lotus Flower is distinctly just alright. But Burn The Witch is ace. Roll on the Roundhouse...

Ben

Benjamin!  How could you???

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Emperors new clothes. ;)

If them becoming indie landfill increases their chances of opening the Other Stage then I'm all for it. 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Benjamin!  How could you???

Sorry, S2H!

I knew when I was posting that, that you'd be on it in a flash!

I've never told you, but HTDC just doesn't push my buttons! And it's 'good' to say that, so that Cheeky Nalster and that scamp Neil have to acknowledge that we're not all applauding a naked Thom Yorke!

:)

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sorry, S2H!

I knew when I was posting that, that you'd be on it in a flash!

I've never told you, but HTDC just doesn't push my buttons! And it's 'good' to say that, so that Cheeky Nalster and that scamp Neil have to acknowledge that we're not all applauding a naked Thom Yorke!

:)

Ben

Right.  Go for a walk at twilight, with nothing else to do except listen to the song loud on headphones.  Also arrange something in your life to make you feel a bit sad (I don't know, pick a fight with your son who's been such hard work, that should do it).  And listen.  If you still don't like it, then there's no hope for you.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

I always assume people who have it high up their lists are thinking about the live version of it, which is well ace and much better than on record (in my opinion).

Live is great too but I mean the recorded version. It's that drum fill and synth before the "slowly we unfurl" bit, gets me every time.

Edited by Bradders

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Emperors new clothes. ;)

Yeah started off well and then........... nothing.

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Sorta bugged that they're straight on Spotify after what Thom has said in the past. Also that they're releasing a pre-album single for the first time since Hail to the Thief, which you can buy on iTunes and all that shit, when I thought they were cutting the middle-men and selling straight to fans. Maybe the album won't be released as suddenly as we were thinking.

Maybe Thom has realised that he was talking bullshit in the past :)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Next track on the album: Burn the Witch 2: Electric Boogaloo

The Radiohead Track Title Generating Computatron has already disappeared in a puff of smoke after realising that it will never again come up with something that so intrinsically says Radiohead as 'Burn the Witch'.