Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, willutalk said:

One question: how can a man be a witch? I thought that they could only be female. Warlock?

A few motifs aside, like crosses on doors, the video and the song aren't really that closely related. 

The song seems to be about the surveillance state, or maybe online mob mentality.

3 minutes ago, brownso said:

Bit of a tricky one that.  Start with In Rainbows.  Then OK Computer.  Then The Bends.

1 minute ago, ashtaylor1 said:

Cheers mate. Will listen to those albums today at work and report back!

Yes, that's a good way to get in. Then once you're hooked, there's so much more to explore...! You can start on the 'difficult' albums...

:)

Ben

18 hours ago, eFestivals said:

From reading between the lines of what's been said to me that remains a strong possibility, I think - tho I might be completely off-target with how I've read between the lines.

Something else someone different said to me suggested that was possible too ... tho Michael supposedly said recently that they're not playing, which is more suggestive of a secret set if they're playing at all.

Take your pick.

I asked him directly if Radiohead were playing at the recent CPRE talk in Pilton. His exact words were "No. Not this year" and then added something along the lines of "but they'll be here, Tom and the boys always are". Maybe he was doing his best to try and play it down and keep at least one thing secret? And I'd also like to add when I asked him when was the rest of the lineup going to be announced, he replied "it already is, isn't it?". This was on April 14. 

9 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

I asked him directly if Radiohead were playing at the recent CPRE talk in Pilton. His exact words were "No. Not this year" and then added something along the lines of "but they'll be here, Tom and the boys always are". Maybe he was doing his best to try and play it down and keep at least one thing secret? And I'd also like to add when I asked him when was the rest of the lineup going to be announced, he replied "it already is, isn't it?". This was on April 14. 

Michael denied that Pulp were booked the year they played a secret set, so him saying they're not playing doesn't mean that they're not ... tho of course he might be correct, too.

I'd rather either all of their music or none of their music be on Spotify. It annoys me that In Rainbows isn't. Switching between Spotify and the music player on my phone is annoying!

Yes yes I know, 21st Century problems 'n' all that!

5 hours ago, Bradders said:

Yeah I'd say 6/10 too. Above average but no Lotus Flower. Expect it'll sound pretty ace at the Roubdhouse though.

see even to this day Lotus Flower just doesn't do it for me. it's okay, but i just find it a bit sterile and when listening to TKOL it often passes me by without making much of an impact. baffled when i saw some people on here put it in their top 5 Radiohead tracks, but different strokes i guess

I really like the new track! Was expecting not to for some reason. I agree that it sounds better over headphones and you just know it is going to be huge live. Really hope they open the roundhouse gigs with it.

I also agree with whoever said it feels like it ends abruptly, but presumably on the album the next track will follow on appropriately.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

see even to this day Lotus Flower just doesn't do it for me. it's okay, but i just find it a bit sterile and when listening to TKOL it often passes me by without making much of an impact. baffled when i saw some people on here put it in their top 5 Radiohead tracks, but different strokes i guess

I always assume people who have it high up their lists are thinking about the live version of it, which is well ace and much better than on record (in my opinion).

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I really like the new track! Was expecting not to for some reason. I agree that it sounds better over headphones and you just know it is going to be huge live. Really hope they open the roundhouse gigs with it.

I also agree with whoever said it feels like it ends abruptly, but presumably on the album the next track will follow on appropriately.

Agree with the headphones, must've watched the video on my phone half a dozen times during the day, turned it right up through the headphones last night and it's a different animal altogether