Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Why's everyone so depressed?! To me, the fact Muse have been announced this week of all weeks makes it seem less likely that Adele is headlining. Why on earth would they not announce her tonight given the week she's had? This makes me think Adele has decided not to play/is playing but not headlining/is co-headlining with someone else.

I really don't see how this makes Radiohead less likely. 

The disappointment is because we thought Muse might not be headlining and might sub somewhere, or not be there at all, and hence Radiohead might be headlining.I think most people expect Adele to headline if she can cope with the pressure. I think that is still the biggest quesfion

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dingbat2 said:

The disappointment is because we thought Muse might not be headlining and might sub somewhere, or not be there at all, and hence Radiohead might be headlining.I think most people expect Adele to headline if she can cope with the pressure. I think that is still the biggest quesfion

But again, if Adele is playing I believe she would have been announced tonight. Since she hasn't, I reckon she has pulled out/decided not to play.

Sloseph makes a great point though. If Muse did go rogue, then it's a complete disaster :P Surely they must have had permission to announce it though? Blurting it out on Twitter is hardly the same as being lashed up at an award ceremony and letting it slip.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although somebody did say their friend had info that it was Muse, Adele, Coldplay and that Adele just hadn't signed on the dotted line yet... but hopefully that's bollocks 

It was Joey Trav, he's a local boy isn't he, I'm sure he wouldn't say if he wasn't sure, although, he did say Van Morrison was playing last year. So there's a straw 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It was Joey Trav, he's a local boy isn't he, I'm sure he wouldn't say if he wasn't sure, although, he did say Van Morrison was playing last year. So there's a straw 

I know @JoeyT and the Van Morrison info came from me - and it was Michael Eavis who told me so blame the big man!

The other info is from a mutual friend (who knows somebody) who told us Muse and Coldplay, but said the third headliner hadn't been confirmed at that point. They said Foos had been offered but sounded like they weren't taking it up. 

15 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

I know @JoeyT and the Van Morrison info came from me - and it was Michael Eavis who told me so blame the big man!

The other info is from a mutual friend (who knows somebody) who told us Muse and Coldplay, but said the third headliner hadn't been confirmed at that point. They said Foos had been offered but sounded like they weren't taking it up. 

Thanks Strummer, that was in my mind that it was ME that had said that, it was just something to clutch on to :P

Well let's hope that adds up with the late change of plans for Radiohead 

47 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

Here's another straw to clench..(i'm just desperately trying to find things to hold on to)

Radiohead have previously headlined Glastonbury twice in 1997 and 2003.

In 1997, they headline on the Saturday. (28 June 1997)

In 2003, they also headline on the Saturday. (28 June 2003)

But the 28th June won't be on a Saturday for another three years....

Edited by Robinn

4 hours ago, northernbro said:

Reckoner
Nude
Weird Fishes/Arpeggio
All I Need
House Of Cards
Bodysnatchers 
15 Step
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Videotape
Faust Arp

I rate your top 3, but why do people keep putting Faust Arp at the bottom? It's so good

6 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Howsabout Radiohead appreciate, nay embrace, the fact that that they are now an alternative to the mainstream and play the Other opposite Adele.

Screw New Order.

I want to watch both Radiohead + New Order. I was convinced Fri- Radiohead, Sat - New Order would be my festival. Now I still have New Order, but if there is a Radiohead clash, I will be fuming. Especially with what will happen on the sunday. 

I'd be at Radiohead though. No question.

32 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Adele on the Pyramid in the sub spot, just before Radiohead (a bit earlier on giving her an even bigger TV audience on the Saturday night). Makes sense to me. Keep the faith ladies and gentlemen! 

Imagine the number of people who will be there waiting for radiohead who have no interest in Adele. That would be much less desirable for her (and the bookers) than outright headlining, surely? 

1 minute ago, theouterlimits said:

Imagine the number of people who will be there waiting for radiohead who have no interest in Adele. That would be much less desirable for her (and the bookers) than outright headlining, surely? 

Nah us Radiohead fans would be dotted around the outside of a heaving Pyramid field, looking in on yet another party we've not been invited to.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I found this thread halfway down the SECOND PAGE! Let's not give now people, at least let's get to 100 pages.

1. This thread.

2. The Headliners thread.

3. Other threads.

4. Korean spam threads.

5. Sexual invitation threads.

Not NFR NFC? Come on mate, we need to keep the faith of sun alive.

Dont know if this has already been suggested but could Adele be a sub but only billed as a special guest rather than being announced? This would give her the feeling of less pressure as there would be no build up to her set in the media due to her not being announced and she may also feel that fewer people would go to see her as they may not go through fear of not liking who the special guest was. I personally don't think this would be the case as the Libertines seemed pretty busy last year but she could think it may be a factor.

2 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Dont know if this has already been suggested but could Adele be a sub but only billed as a special guest rather than being announced? This would give her the feeling of less pressure as there would be no build up to her set in the media due to her not being announced and she may also feel that fewer people would go to see her as they may not go through fear of not liking who the special guest was. I personally don't think this would be the case as the Libertines seemed pretty busy last year but she could think it may be a factor.

billed as "headliner" or "special guest" will make little difference. there'll still be massive hype and a massive crowd for her.