Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read what had been mentioned in the Headliner thread.

Can see them as Other Headliners for sure up against Adele,

The set up and size of that stage is probably the same size/ larger than any festival that they are playing this season so why couldn't they?

A few months back people were questioning whether NO would still be big enough to headliner other them subbing into Radiohead would be the dream

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd been pretty confident in what he's told me about RH for this year before I found that other stuff (which I'd forgotten he'd sent me).

So I don't reckon any straws of clutching is necessary.

But where do you think they will fit in though? Personally I feel as though they will be there, it's just a case of where and when!

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've just been doing a bit of digging around on matey who sent me the RH info, and have discovered that not only has he given me accurate RH info before, he's also given me accurate info on several oter bands too.

And everything I've found (which isn't everything hes told me) has been 100% spot on - which doesn't happen by guessing when some of what he's said hasn't even been for bands that were rumoured at the point he told me.

chance-there-is.gif

Christ, this is wrecking my head. Where the fuck are they gonna play?! Another secret set just seems daft, but there doesn't appear to realistically be any room for them on the billed lineup. Ali can tbjnk is before/after Adele as some kind of fourth headliner akin to what Coldplay were asked to do in 2009, or as Neil has said, headlining Other (although considering the slot opposite Adele is seemingly taken by New Order this doesn't at all seem likely)

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

So we can now consider you very confident that Radiohead are going to be there? *waits patiently for reply*

As you should have noticed with posts I've already made, I was always more confident than not that this year's RH info was correct.

Having found those other bits - which I'd completely forgotten about - I'm more confident than ever.

I can't guarantee it's right but everything suggests that it is right.

Just now, eFestivals said:

nope. Only thing he's told me for this year is RH, and that they're 'playing' tho not necessarily headlining.

In my head now, Emily wasn't being general when she said "3 British bands" were headlining this year, and Radioheads rumoured late change in plans was to accommodate Adele not signing up to play, and Radiohead will indeed now headline. I won't be moved from this until it's confirmed otherwise :D

Just now, eFestivals said:

As you should have noticed with posts I've already made, I was always more confident than not that this year's RH info was correct.

Having found those other bits - which I'd completely forgotten about - I'm more confident than ever.

I can't guarantee it's right but everything suggests that it is right.

Thanks for that, Neil

Interesting stuff. So working on that basis the realistic options (in no particular order are):

Radiohead are headlining The Pyramid on Saturday because Adele has dropped out

Radiohead are co-headlining The Pyramid on Saturday alongside Adele

Radiohead are subbing to Adele

Radiohead are headlining the Other

Radiohead are playing a smaller secret set at some other point of the weekend

I say no particular order, that's probably my order of preference.

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

In my head now, Emily wasn't being general when she said "3 British bands" were headlining this year, and Radioheads rumoured late change in plans was to accommodate Adele not signing up to play, and Radiohead will indeed now headline. I won't be moved from this until it's confirmed otherwise :D

I'm pretty confident that Adele has signed up.

I have had some info today which suggests some dithering by her over headlining tho whether that's accurate I can't say.

I still find it incredible that if Adele is playing, she wasn't announced on Friday instead of Muse. Muse aren't just going to drop that info on Twitter unless they were prompted to do so, and it just seems mind blowing they wouldn't announce Adele last week of all weeks. 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

I just hope it's a full, announced set rather than everyone trying to cram into The Park again.

Yep that'd be extremely underwhelming. I'd take it, obviously, but I need that full Radiohead show and not just the new album in full. They must be aware of the slightly crappy reception their KOL Park slot got so hope they don't make the same mistake twice 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I still find it incredible that if Adele is playing, she wasn't announced on Friday instead of Muse. Muse aren't just going to drop that info on Twitter unless they were prompted to do so, and it just seems mind blowing they wouldn't announce Adele last week of all weeks. 

It's not that incredible if she's not decided if she wants to headline or not. 

Just now, jparx said:

the muse announcement date was very clearly arranged a while in advance, given Emily's "within 2 weeks" thing.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I have had some info today which suggests some dithering by her over headlining tho whether that's accurate I can't say.

Interesting, I really hope Radiohead get a fully announced slot, I can't imagine them playing ANOTHER secret set, as much as it looks right now it's a distinct possibility 

I wonder if Adele might not headline outright, I mean, she wouldn't have any bigger a crowd than Dolly would she? Is it impossible that she plays before Radiohead on the pyramid? 

Perhaps Radiohead have signed up as sub headliners on Saturday, with the idea being that if Adele does decide not to do it or pulls out, they can just assume the headline slot. If someone like Tame Impala is booked 3rd down, they could easily move into a sub position as well.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Please God be accurate. Adele in the sundown slot followed by Radiohead would be the perfect situation. I'm guessing Radiohead are penciled in to fill the headline slot if Adele backs out

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

the muse announcement date was very clearly arranged a while in advance, given Emily's "within 2 weeks" thing.

Sure, but Emily would obviously be aware that Friday was the same week as the Brits, when Adele was obviously going to clean up. If Adele had signed on the dotted line months ago, surely she'd make more sense to announce herself either at the Brits or on Friday. That's what makes me think she's either taking her time to decide or has opted not to do it in the past month or so.