Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Does it? 

Says a source mentioned they would be playing festivals in America and abroad with no mention of uk.

Since they're a British band I don't think they would count a festival in Britain as a festival abroad 

Edited by Dave85radiohead

1 minute ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Says a source mentioned they would be so festivals in America and abroad with no mention of uk.

Since they're a British band I don't think they would count a festival in Britain as a festival abroad 

I took 'abroad' to mean outside of America, considering CoS is based in the states. 

Edited by MattDavies__

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

It's not over till Neil changes the SR and takes them off .

Still keeping faith in that

I have my fingers crossed on an update of the info.

I have my suspicions that it might come back as "plans have changed", tho that's me pre-guessing it. If things have changed I have a feeling I know why tho.

When I might get an update I've no idea - but I am hoping to get an update soonish.

disappointed news :(

Someone on the last page mentioned vinyl on Amazon - I have bought a few LP's from them recently, they tend to be at least the same price as record shops. I work in Kingston so I can use Banquet Records (and I do, thanks to their loyalty card) - my rule is if the price is within £2 of online I will buy from Banquet if not then I will order online. I much prefer getting it from a shop if I can, especially an independent. That and Banquet keep the local music scene alive basically single handedly so it makes sense. Although Amazon are really SHIT at packaging. I ordered a single LP off them (not even a gatefold) and they sent it in a box twice the size of a fucking shoe box filled with them little pieces of polystyrene!

AND they've booked Less than Jake to play on early May bank holiday. So they are good.

Nothing to do with Radiohead but I am sad it seems we have Adele instead of them so I wanted to change the subject :sorry:

Edited by mungo57

14 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Is there a reason why Radiohead haven't headlined for so long?

Think it's been mentioned that they didn't want to become "Glastonbury's House Band". Plus, they've only relaxed 2 albums in 13 years...they thought it was too soon to headline again when In Rainbows came out, presumably...and TKOL wasn't exactly full of Pyramid Stage bangers.

Edited by The Red Telephone

24 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Think it's been mentioned that they didn't want to become "Glastonbury's House Band". Plus, they've only relaxed 2 albums in 13 years...they thought it was too soon to headline again when In Rainbows came out, presumably...and TKOL wasn't exactly full of Pyramid Stage bangers.

in addition to this, there have been rumours thom said the pyramid sound is shit, and also questioned how green it would be for them to play the festival. Pretty daft reasons but there you go.

My suspicion is they'd rather just attend the festival than play it.

32 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

They also scheduled their In Rainbows UK "tour" in 2008 the same weekend as Glastonbury. Hence why it's the only festival I've missed since I started going in 1995.

And they took the money from Reading & Leeds the following summer.

Edited by ericlered

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I have my suspicions that it might come back as "plans have changed", tho that's me pre-guessing it. If things have changed I have a feeling I know why tho.

Do you think it might be they were 'back up' incase Glastonbury lost a headliner (i.e. Adele) or is it RH's plans have changed?

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

disappointed news :(

Someone on the last page mentioned vinyl on Amazon - I have bought a few LP's from them recently, they tend to be at least the same price as record shops. I work in Kingston so I can use Banquet Records (and I do, thanks to their loyalty card) - my rule is if the price is within £2 of online I will buy from Banquet if not then I will order online. I much prefer getting it from a shop if I can, especially an independent. That and Banquet keep the local music scene alive basically single handedly so it makes sense. Although Amazon are really SHIT at packaging. I ordered a single LP off them (not even a gatefold) and they sent it in a box twice the size of a fucking shoe box filled with them little pieces of polystyrene!

AND they've booked Less than Jake to play on early May bank holiday. So they are good.

Nothing to do with Radiohead but I am sad it seems we have Adele instead of them so I wanted to change the subject :sorry:

I've been buying my vinyl online from an American store called all your music - they're on eBay and Rakuten. If you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for delivery they're a lot cheaper than buying here. Recently picked up In Rainbows for 12 quid, Wolf Alice's album for 13 and Different Class for 15.

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I've been buying my vinyl online from an American store called all your music - they're on eBay and Rakuten. If you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for delivery they're a lot cheaper than buying here. Recently picked up In Rainbows for 12 quid, Wolf Alice's album for 13 and Different Class for 15.

legend, cheers mate.

At the moment I am working my way through Steven Wilson (I need his first 2 on vinyl) then I was going to do Porcupine Tree but I might have a go for Radiohead.

No issues then with import tax to UK?

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

sorry to quote you twice and give you 2 notifications - you are indeed a legend. £12.16 for in rainbows with free UK postage?! wherethefuckhaveibeenbuyingvinylonlineallthistimearrrrrrrrggghhh

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I do too. I've picked up a few recent releases for smaller bands for 8 or 9 quid recently from them and it all turns up just fine :)

37 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

sorry to quote you twice and give you 2 notifications - you are indeed a legend. £12.16 for in rainbows with free UK postage?! wherethefuckhaveibeenbuyingvinylonlineallthistimearrrrrrrrggghhh

My pleasure.

Bought a few records off them in the past - just bought Fleet Foxes' first album for Mrs Jass's birthday. Usually take a couple of weeks to arrive and never had any problems with them. They don't have a massive selection but if you're looking for something specific it's a good place to start.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

My pleasure.

Bought a few records off them in the past - just bought Fleet Foxes' first album for Mrs Jass's birthday. Usually take a couple of weeks to arrive and never had any problems with them. They don't have a massive selection but if you're looking for something specific it's a good place to start.

thanks again mate - just ordered In Rainbows and Opiate by Tool for less than £18 the 2 :P