Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think I must have lurked for a couple of years before signing up and posting. You're already one of us if you remember the rollercoaster headliner thread of last year!

Seriously, join in - you're very welcome. Sorry for the offhand way I replied to that link. If I'd had noticed how few posts you'd made I wouldn't have been such a knob.

I've been lurking since after my first Glastonbury (09) but that thread was the best. Madness.

No need to apologise I wasn't trying to make a thing of it ahah, I meant that post in a very lighthearted way, this wouldn't have happened in human conversation. If I wasn't so against emoticons nothing would have come of it.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all...This will be my first Glastonbury since 1997. Saw RH headline then and have decided that it's happening again in 2016. I was 21 then and will be 40 when June rolls around, so they obviously have a thing for celebrating my landmark birthdays. Also think that their new album will released in May or June, echoing OKC and HTTT which was released in those months when they headlined in 97 and 03. They symmetry is, frankly, astonishing.

Anyway, for what it's worth...

1. Kid A

2. In Rainbows

3. Amnesiac

4. OK Computer

5. Hail To The Thief

6. The Bends

7. King Of Limbs

8. Pablo Honey

And....

1. Weird Fishes

2. Reckoner

3. House of Cards

4. Nude

5. 15 Step

6. All I Need

7. Faust Arp

8. Jigsaw

9. Bodysnatchers

10. Videotape

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Hi all...This will be my first Glastonbury since 1997. Saw RH headline then and have decided that it's happening again in 2016. I was 21 then and will be 40 when June rolls around, so they obviously have a thing for celebrating my landmark birthdays. Also think that their new album will released in May or June, echoing OKC and HTTT which was released in those months when they headlined in 97 and 03. They symmetry is, frankly, astonishing.

Anyway, for what it's worth...

1. Kid A

2. In Rainbows

3. Amnesiac

4. OK Computer

5. Hail To The Thief

6. The Bends

7. King Of Limbs

8. Pablo Honey

And....

1. Weird Fishes

2. Reckoner

3. House of Cards

4. Nude

5. 15 Step

6. All I Need

7. Faust Arp

8. Jigsaw

9. Bodysnatchers

10. Videotape

Yeah you can stay, a profound level of positivity and an appreciation of list and house of cards 

You're all I need 

Edited by sloseph

Just now, FloorFiller said:

It was a top 10 albums and a ranking of In Rainbows tracks from favourite to least favourite

And there's me looking like a Friday spanner...

Apologies for inadequate list-attention-to-detail, FF.

My 14 year old and I had a bit of a Radiohead session last night, trying to shame my 16 year old daughter into realising that most of what she listens too is utter shite!

Music snobbery is alive and well at Ben TowersTM!

:)

Ben

I usually avoid Radiohead list because by the end of the day, I've changed my mind. 

1. Kid A
2. In Rainbows
3. Hail To The Thief
4. Amnesiac
5. OK Computer
6. Pablo Honey
7. King of Limbs
8. The Bends

But I do change my thought process often and I forget how much I love certain albums if I haven't listened to them in a while.

Must admit I've never really bothered listening to Radiohead, for the same reason that I always avoided listening to The Smiths and Mozza (who I now love), because of a so-called 'bad' or 'boring' reputation. After reading this thread and with all the rumours I gave them a go, and all I can say is I've been missing out!

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

As much as I like to pretend I don't care about people's lists... what does everyone have against Videotape?

They've not listened to it properly :P

In all seriousness, it's a song I wasn't keen on for a while, but it grew on me over time to be one of my favourites.  Liking it gives me a sense of superiority over others ;)

Videotape is excellent. 

I also like House of Cards quite a bit. So much of Radiohead's back catalogue is abstract and boundary pushing, it's nice to hear them release a fairly straightforward and catchy song. Guitar work is also quite beautiful on that track.

That being said it is one of the weakest songs on the album :P

My wife has always referred to them as "one of those whiny bands you listen to". When the prospect of then playing this year arose, she asked to me to play her something that would change her mind. I showed her this. She thinks they're ok now :-)

Edited by The Red Telephone