LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

15 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Gave sound of Silver a listen and wasnt that taken with it anything else from them I should have a go at?

Give it a few listens and let it get under your skin. I wasn't impressed after 1 or 2 listens either but now it's one of my favourite albums ever. If you don't like it then don't bother with anything else of theirs.

28 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Give it a few listens and let it get under your skin. I wasn't impressed after 1 or 2 listens either but now it's one of my favourite albums ever. If you don't like it then don't bother with anything else of theirs.

Agreed. If you're not impressed by the first 5/6 songs on SOS, then they're not for you. 

Just now, justanothername said:

Never really gave these guys a listen but I was intrigued when one of my mates told me some of their earlier stuff is a bit like Dance Punk which got me intrigued. Can someone tell me if this is true and if so what stuff should I listen to then. 

Dance Punk Is Playing At My House

• Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Never really gave these guys a listen but I was intrigued when one of my mates told me some of their earlier stuff is a bit like Dance Punk which got me intrigued. Can someone tell me if this is true and if so what stuff should I listen to then. 

Movement

If you generally like dance music then you'll probably see some merit in what they do but they don't sound anything like Daft Punk. Try Get Inoccuous.

General comment: some great LCD action here - if anyone didn't already get the memo!

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Rejoice, for LCD Soundsystem is risen! On the fifth year they rose again. First shows tonight and tomorrow! I'm waiting for the incoming setlists

I'm going to stick some on while I do the housework!

LCD_comeback_show_NYC_750.jpg

Edited by rubenz

On 7 March 2016 at 5:48 PM, Zac Quinn said:

doesn't fully come across on the TV as as good as it was on the night but this set gave me goosebumps 

Paolos set one of the Highpoints for me in 2015.   jungle and vaccines 2015 plus front row for the Strypes who were brilliant hopefully back this year.

Forecast for LCD announcing on Tuesday?? After initial excitement St the prospect I've not let myself think it's really going to happen.. 

But Neil seem pretty sure? And they dont seem to have appeared on any other festivals line ups. Just Bestival  left? 

Personally hope they are going to be on the Sunday so I can have a night off headliners on Friday. 

1 minute ago, Festival Liam said:

Forecast for LCD announcing on Tuesday?? After initial excitement St the prospect I've not let myself think it's really going to happen.. 

But Neil seem pretty sure? And they dont seem to have appeared on any other festivals line ups. Just Bestival  left? 

Personally hope they are going to be on the Sunday so I can have a night off headliners on Friday. 

at this point i'd be very surprised if they're not headlining Other on the Friday. as good as nailed on imo... at least that's what I'm thinking in my head. god i'd be crushed if they weren't on that poster

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

at this point i'd be very surprised if they're not headlining Other on the Friday. as good as nailed on imo... at least that's what I'm thinking in my head. god i'd be crushed if they weren't on that poster

They're my big backup if Radiohead aren't there. If Radiohead AND LCD aren't on the poster on Tuesday I'll be devestated.

9 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

They're my big backup if Radiohead aren't there. If Radiohead AND LCD aren't on the poster on Tuesday I'll be devestated.

Same here, I'd be over the moon if both of them were there! I somehow thread seeing the poster because I'm really thinking that they might turn up and would be crushed if they didn't.

2 hours ago, Festival Liam said:

I wouldn't be 100% that they'll be announced on Tuesday because there may be a small chance the announcement isn't on Tuesday. But I would be 100% they'll be announced eventually. It's properly in the bag.

We've had:

• They're headlining Other alongside New Order, with Muse, Adele and Coldplay headlining the Pyramid - three confirmed, one TBC.
  • They're playing Glastonbury and a London show - which turned out to be Lovebox who only labelled them a 'London exclusive'.
  • They're playing "at least one of" Glasto, Bestival and Latitude according to the site that broke the news on the whole damn reunion - Latitude have announced all their headliners and Rob Da Bank ruled them out of Bestival.
Edited by dentalplan