2017 festival

kaosmark2

13 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Tbh I can see why LCD and John Grant can't pull decent crowds. Just because you dislike Calvin Harris doesn't mean you have to like these, they aren't mainstream acts so aren't going to be at the top of everyone's must see list. LCD could have easily topped tents in the UK this year.

Totally different festivals but LCD's set at Glastonbury was hailed as one of the all time great modern sets, my brother went and said its the best set he's ever been a part of in 7 visits to worthy farm. John Grant pulled a great crowd at Latitude festival this year. I still stick to my opinion T is a turd of a festival

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Green Day will headline, new album in a few months so will tour next year and next year is 20 years since Nimrod.

Foo Fighters are in the mix, but they are nearly every year along with Muse. Wondering if a heavier band will headline, maybe Slipknot or Avenged Sevenfold.

Weezer are likely and after this year, Jack Ü will be there again.

Kasabian are a possibility as well along with Tame Impala.

15 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

There's literally no way Download are booking Linkin Park and The Prodigy to headline next year. 

Not next year, I said after this coming time which is now 2017 as 16 has gone. 

14 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

lol no they weren't. they were actually on a slight downswing by that point with Foile a Deux not doing nearly as well as Infinity on High (barely broke the top 40). mad what a 5 year wait and 'hiatus' can do for a band

Folie a Deux was crap but you can't say a band that did a arena tour late 2008, more so in early 2009 with their biggest tour venue to date was a downer for them, the on wards of that album was yes and likely chances are they had already been comfortably booked for the fest by then. They were as said though always too low anyway, given what it has taken for some bands of the last 3 years to headline the fest they it would have been done comfortable, hell they would probably be on their way to being booked again like Blink lol.

14 hours ago, VCK said:

I actually thought that line-up was pretty weak. Bloc Party subbing for the second year in a row, and playing a high main stage slot for the third year in a row?

Yes Bloc Party on repeat in the same slot was a bit too much, but I am guessing they were doing a lot for the fest then. They were tbf getting massive crowds.

4 hours ago, swede said:

Totally different festivals but LCD's set at Glastonbury was hailed as one of the all time great modern sets, my brother went and said its the best set he's ever been a part of in 7 visits to worthy farm. John Grant pulled a great crowd at Latitude festival this year. I still stick to my opinion T is a turd of a festival

It was only imo, just not my thing.

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Twenty One Pilots to play third down on Main I reckon. Possibly even Sub by next year? 

Agreed, I reckon it's nailed on for them to be high up on Main Stage. 

There are quite a few bands who I expect to be high up on bill next year, A Day to Remember, Enter Shikari, Catflap and the Bottlemen. 

33 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Agreed, I reckon it's nailed on for them to be high up on Main Stage. 

There are quite a few bands who I expect to be high up on bill next year, A Day to Remember, Enter Shikari, Catflap and the Bottlemen. 

ADTR sub, ES 3rd down and Catflap as you put it lol, sub imo.

2 hours ago, BillamEnd said:

I'm sure Green Day will headline, new album in a few months so will tour next year and next year is 20 years since Nimrod.

Foo Fighters are in the mix, but they are nearly every year along with Muse. Wondering if a heavier band will headline, maybe Slipknot or Avenged Sevenfold.

I think you're right with Green Day, Weezer, Kasabian, all of which seem fairly likely right now. Foos are on a hiatus, with Glastonbury the favourites to get them whenever they're back. Muse just finished their massive Drones worldwide tour so I don't see any reason why they'd be booked. I'd enjoy it, I just don't think it's on the cards. 

R&L don't book repeat NME headliners two years in a row so I don't see Jack U returning, although Major Lazer headlining NME would be a great booking. Next time Skrillex plays he headlines :ph34r:.

Edited by JSmurphy

38 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Personally i'd put catfish 3rd but agree with ADTR and ES, looking like it could be a good year if ES and ADTR are on the bill

I think they could push for sub, they have Wembley Arena among others on their tour and sold quickly, the same as BMTH had with only Wembley Arena and subbed. I agree it would be good for ADTR but not ES, throughout the lineup though I fully expect it to be overall as bad as this year but in fairness, it isn't aimed at me now and hasn't been for years.

46 minutes ago, Cammers said:

I wouldn't expect Sum 41 to be 3rd down either. I just couldn't think of a 3rd down band in the 2 minutes it took to write that list. I just wanted them in there somewhere :) 

Sum 41 did just about every appropriate European festival last month apart from R+L so they'd have played this year if they were to play at all. They'll probably do Download if they tour next year.

4 hours ago, BillamEnd said:

Weezer are never likely because of how rarely they tour Europe. Tame Impala will have finished the album tour also - last year would've been the most sensible time to book them because they were in the area.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I think you're right with Green Day, Weezer, Kasabian, all of which seem fairly likely right now. Foos are on a hiatus, with Glastonbury the favourites to get them whenever they're back. Muse just finished their massive Drones worldwide tour so I don't see any reason why they'd be booked. I'd enjoy it, I just don't think it's on the cards. 

R&L don't book repeat NME headliners two years in a row so I don't see Jack U returning, although Major Lazer headlining NME would be a great booking. Next time Skrillex plays he headlines :ph34r:.

Skrillex on his own is on the way down. Jack U will be his best bet at progress now. I think Major Lazer would be much too big to headline NME now and at least sub main.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Absolutely with concern to Skrillex. 

twenty one pilots could definitely sub. The NME tent was absolutely rammed for them and then there was a sea of people standing and watching them from outside the tent, as well as loads of people also sitting on the ground outside watching them on the screen. Was mental. Assume it was the same for The 1975 who will surely sub next time they play. 

1 minute ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

twenty one pilots could definitely sub. The NME tent was absolutely rammed for them and then there was a sea of people standing and watching them from outside the tent, as well as loads of people also sitting on the ground outside watching them on the screen. Was mental. Assume it was the same for The 1975 who will surely sub next time they play. 

Reckon The 1975 could well end up being a co-headliner next time round. They easily could've subbed this year imo and have taken weirdly low positions at all their festivals this year

Jimmy Eat World have a new album coming, so I could see them getting booked again. Mainstage again or NME sub, maybe? I don't know if they're quite big enough to be an NME headliner? I think this would be a pretty sweet run: 

Brand New < Jimmy Eat World < Don Broco 

As for Pit / Lock Up headliners, who are people expecting to be in the running? I'm going for Killswitch Engage, Marmozets and letlive. Maybe The Story So Far in contention if they're still touring. 

25 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

If they had Wembley and not Ally Pally as the London date I would agree with you but I'll stick at 3rd down.

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Jimmy Eat World have a new album coming, so I could see them getting booked again. Mainstage again or NME sub, maybe? I don't know if they're quite big enough to be an NME headliner? I think this would be a pretty sweet run: 

Brand New < Jimmy Eat World < Don Broco 

As for Pit / Lock Up headliners, who are people expecting to be in the running? I'm going for Killswitch Engage, Marmozets and letlive. Maybe The Story So Far in contention if they're still touring. 

Going to skip those two London dates and wait for extra tours, £30 for them is bloody pricey tbf.

I think with The 1975 if they'd made themselves a R&L exclusive they could have coheadlined? I mean, they're probably as big as Disclosure? Sub at the very least anyway if I'm a bit off on how big they are. As it happened, they played everywhere and the lack of exclusivity made it less appealing for festivals to give them big slots.