2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

what does his acting career have to do with his bands lineup position? do you think loads of Dallas Buyers Club fans would've bought tickets to Reading to see his band headline? if they play, it'll be as a sub again i'm assuming. can't see them moving up or down the lineup

Well, that's what people proffered to justify them moving up to headline - the 'hype' off Suicide Squad. Turns out if that was to have any effect it'd pull them down the line up. :lol: Nah I don't think they're as big as they were when they last subbed but they still would really.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

so many abbreviations. who are TOP?

Twenty One Pilots obviously lol.

39 minutes ago, VCK said:

What's with all the predictions for 30STM headlining? Do people even still listen to them?

My inclusion is others thinking there was a chance really, I'm starting to think BMTH may not happen and there isn't much else IMO

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

do people really think A Day To Remember are gonna sub? third down at best surely? they're not that big

Worse things have happened. That Green Day day looks like 2012 but overall better for me...minus SOAD tbf but with the same unwanted headliner again. I could be happy with a fair bit but I'd almost defo just wait for the tours I really wanted.

Royal Blood/Major Lazer (co-headline)
Jamie T
Run the Jewels

Enter Shikari

Kasabian
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Twenty One Pilots
Wolf Alice

Flume

Blink-182
You Me at Six
A Day To Remember 
Twin Atlantic

Chase and Status or Jake Bugg

Only qualm is that top 3 Sunday being the same as 2014 with Macklemore removed. Considered moving ADTR to NME headline (removing C&S/Bugg and rearranging the days) and moving 21P across to the Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

MGMT would surely headline the Festival Republic stage, or even a decent spot on the NME stage

MGMT to sub the FR stage is the worst call I've seen on here. Look at the bands who played it this year. Third Eye Blind, Pulled Apart By Horses and White Room. I've never even heard of two of them, and I saw PABH in July 3rd down a lineup that The Cribs topped. Utter madness to put MGMT alongside those three. 

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Great lineup. I really can't see The Killers playing though, so maybe move Royal Blood and Catfish up one each. KoRn at R&L would be amazing, but I'm in the mind frame that if it hasn't happened already then it never will :( 

I reckon Korn are reasonably likely tbh. Got a new album out soon, and they've just subbed Download this year, so they won't be back there next year. I suppose no UK festivals is possible, but I don't see why they couldn't do the same slot Limp Bizkit did in 2015.

29 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I reckon Korn are reasonably likely tbh. Got a new album out soon, and they've just subbed Download this year, so they won't be back there next year. I suppose no UK festivals is possible, but I don't see why they couldn't do the same slot Limp Bizkit did in 2015.

KoRn in the tent would be unreal! Fourth down main stage is the only other slot I could see them playing. 

3 hours ago, KingPin said:

it'd have worked when He had the oscar hype, but no, they're going to be 3rd/NME headliners next time that they play.

By all reports they were terrible in 2011 too, and going by the Reading footage their performance just seemed to be one big ego w*nk for Jared Leto.

17 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

PAMosO1.png

Too low down for me are:

Enter Shikari (think they'll headline NME next)
Wolf Alice - smashed Glasto
Twin Atlantic - Already played that slot and there's a lot of good feedback on their new upcoming album
MGMT

Too high for me:

Clean bandit - don't really follow them much but haven't heard much from them in a while
Jake Bugg - personal preference, wish he'd stop touring (he'd get that slot anyway because he sells tickets)
ADTR - do they really have that much about them?
Royal Blood - Reserving this one for their 2nd album release, if they smash it again they could prove me wrong.