2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I don't know what festival you're booking but that isn't Reading Festival in 2016/2017. 

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

... why? None of those bands would be out of place at all. 

He has a point ^. I don't expect it to look like that, I don't see RB headlining at all but they all very much fit.

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

... why? None of those bands would be out of place at all. 

It's not that they're out of place it's that they're not all gonna headline in the same year. 

You wont get Green Day, blink and Royal Blood/YMA6 headline in the same year for the same reason you wouldn't get Arctic Monkeys, The Libertines and Kasabian headline in the same year (although something like the latter is far more likely)

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

It's not that they're out of place it's that they're not all gonna headline in the same year. 

You wont get Green Day, blink and Royal Blood/YMA6 headline in the same year for the same reason you wouldn't get Arctic Monkeys, The Libertines and Kasabian headline in the same year (although something like the latter is far more likely)

Well, man said Royal Blood and alt-J rather than YMA6 but yeah I'd still agree they wouldn't play the Blink and Green Day cards together.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well, man said Royal Blood and alt-J rather than YMA6 but yeah I'd still agree they wouldn't play the Blink and Green Day cards together.

I didn't think they'd rebook blink but apparently they have

Can't see reading turning down two big ticket selling headliners tbh, especially in this festival climate

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I didn't think they'd rebook blink but apparently they have

Can't see reading turning down two big ticket selling headliners tbh, especially in this festival climate

Lol no dude what the hell are you talking about? There's nothing to say that these are the only two headliners touring and available and that they've both 'offered' their trade to Reading and Leeds so why would it come down to that? Besides, it could well be that Festival Republic haven't turned either down and have split them between Download and R+L.

Anyway, I was just saying that they wouldn't have the two marquee headline slots given to turn of the century pop punk acts when a huge slice of the demo won't give a toss about either and would easily be driven away if the Stone Roses or Kasabian are somewhere else.

Yeah that's the biggest thing a lot of people are missing and don't get. I don't understand how anyone who went to Reading this year could think they'd book Green Day and blink in the same year. It's not that festival anymore. Personally those two would be great for me but it ain't happening. 

I'd feel almost embarrassed being there. Would put a massive downer on the weekend where Green Day and blink are headlining and all you overhear from half the people there is "yeah the headliners are so shit this year but the dance tent is banging tho". 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

I'm going with something like:

Thirty Seconds to Mars
Royal Blood
A Day to Remember
Enter Shikari
Pierce the Veil
Billy Talent
Taking Back Sunday
Young Guns
Frnk Iero and the Patience

Kaiser Chiefs
Twin Atlantic

Kasabian
Bastille
Panic! At The Disco
Wolf Alice
Jimmy Eat World
Peace
Mallory Knox
Pretty Vicious
Declan Mckenna

Years & Years
Brand New

Green Day
You Me At Six
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Run the Jewels
Metronomy
PVRIS
Beartooth
Blood Red Shoes
Creeper

Lana Del Rey
Grimes

1 hour ago, SOAD said:

I'm going with something like:

Thirty Seconds to Mars
Royal Blood
A Day to Remember
Enter Shikari
Pierce the Veil
Billy Talent
Taking Back Sunday
Young Guns
Frnk Iero and the Patience

Kaiser Chiefs
Twin Atlantic

Kasabian
Bastille
Panic! At The Disco
Wolf Alice
Jimmy Eat World
Peace
Mallory Knox
Pretty Vicious
Declan Mckenna

Years & Years
Brand New

Green Day
You Me At Six
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Run the Jewels
Metronomy
PVRIS
Beartooth
Blood Red Shoes
Creeper

Lana Del Rey
Grimes

I think ES would be one higher, Peace probably would be too and not sure LDR would play it, bar that it's as good as any. Lockup and FR would have to be decent though.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Lol no dude what the hell are you talking about? There's nothing to say that these are the only two headliners touring and available and that they've both 'offered' their trade to Reading and Leeds so why would it come down to that? Besides, it could well be that Festival Republic haven't turned either down and have split them between Download and R+L.

Anyway, I was just saying that they wouldn't have the two marquee headline slots given to turn of the century pop punk acts when a huge slice of the demo won't give a toss about either and would easily be driven away if the Stone Roses or Kasabian are somewhere else.

alright fair haha

just seen that Green Day seem to be likely for download (in the download thread)

Royal Blood / Alt-J

Kasabian

Blink 182

what about that?

26 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

Overall line-up there seems pretty plausible, can't say the headliners appeal to me much personally though.

Lana Del Rey is an interesting pick, I'd actually be pretty happy with her performing. Surely not a R&L act though?

I wouldn't have said so no, R&L haven't booked LDR for a long time now.

GD, YM@6, Catfish and RTJ would actually be a very strong run for these days, can't help but think considering they toured everywhere but R&L than Catfish will get to sub level based off of exclusivity. I'm sure RB got to 3rd on that merit and were nowhere near as big then. Bastille are the one I don't see making a return yet. I think ADTR could be 3rd down, especially if below 2 co-headliners, which out of them would be YM@6/30 STM.

I really can't see Alt-J headlining or even co-headlining. Yeah they subbed a lot of festivals a year or two ago but they don't sell tickets on their own. Their last arena tour sold beyond poorly and I have no doubt FR have seen the same numbers I have. 

7 minutes ago, Buko said:

I really can't see Alt-J headlining or even co-headlining. Yeah they subbed a lot of festivals a year or two ago but they don't sell tickets on their own. Their last arena tour sold beyond poorly and I have no doubt FR have seen the same numbers I have. 

Their first arena tour that came after their sold out initial tour, the sold out O2 Arena show and all their festival dates including a headline slot? Hardly a surprise it didn't sell well to be honest.

On the Download boards, Blink are not here until July next year, something about it's inside Gigs & Tours. It's enough for them to forget about them at Download anyway. I bet Zane is glad he won't have to announce that one again haha. Of course it could just be a UK tour but the one's saying Reading sounded confident. Reading won't have Green Day to that's for sure.

30 STM/
YM@6
Catfish

Kasabian
Royal Blood

Blink 182
ADTR
Panic

Y&Y
ES

5 minutes ago, KingPin said:

it'd have worked when He had the oscar hype, but no, they're going to be 3rd/NME headliners next time that they play.

what does his acting career have to do with his bands lineup position? do you think loads of Dallas Buyers Club fans would've bought tickets to Reading to see his band headline? if they play, it'll be as a sub again i'm assuming. can't see them moving up or down the lineup