2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Valensi has said that The Strokes are going to release new music next year, so how about The Strokes headlining with Royal Blood sub. I can't see Royal Blood just doing reading and Leeds next year. I'd say they'd have a decent slot at Glastonbury as well.

The Strokes - Royal Blood

Kasabian - Jamie T

Green Day - You Me At Six

34 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Nick Valensi has said that The Strokes are going to release new music next year, so how about The Strokes headlining with Royal Blood sub. I can't see Royal Blood just doing reading and Leeds next year. I'd say they'd have a decent slot at Glastonbury as well.

The Strokes - Royal Blood

Kasabian - Jamie T

Green Day - You Me At Six

Think this would sell extremely we them not having either one new headliner or a co-headliner.

The Stone Roses? IF (huge IF) Glastonbury ends up with Daft Punk / Ed Sheeran / Radiohead I guess that leaves them free. Pretty unlikely but I don't think we can rule them out yet. 

5 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Well as Green Day seem nailed on for BST in June I can't see them coming back for R+L and Dental's right they do seem to make an effort to get at least 1 new headliner in. Is Kanye out of the question?? Could see him getting a good reception at Reading

Surely it's only a matter of time before he headlines. He's total rubbish but I'm sure day tickets would sell out fairly quickly. 

8 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Well as Green Day seem nailed on for BST in June I can't see them coming back for R+L and Dental's right they do seem to make an effort to get at least 1 new headliner in. Is Kanye out of the question?? Could see him getting a good reception at Reading

I'm thinking Download is more likely with there not being a Midlands date on the tour. IOW possible too.

23 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'm thinking Download is more likely with there not being a Midlands date on the tour. IOW possible too.

I can't see them doing Download and BST at all, BST isn't known for selling out or indeed fast, similarly Download isn't majorly either. Any BST announcement would come right in the thick of Download sales, whereas when they did Emirates and R&L, they were at least announced a fair far apart as far as I remember being that they were 2/2.5 months separate.

A guy on Downloads forums is suggesting BMTH told Andy where to go after asking them to sub to a bigger band, in favor of accepting a R&/L headline slot.

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Royal Blood, Kasabian and BMTH with Twenty One Pilots, Major Lazer and YMAS subbing would sell really well, I reckon. 

those headliners wouldn't be a big pull i don't think. two new headliners (one of whom is questionable as an all out headliner to begin with) with one fairly new headliner who never seem to have gone away. needs a big marquee headliner to make it worth the £200+

BMTH info is interesting but i don't see it happening. seems too soon after last year in my eyes, but i guess if they've actually got new material out by then then it makes sense

I only remembered that hunty said about BMTH headlining a UK fest while trawling through the Download thread earlier so I can actually see that.

I think those three would be very popular but I think Royal Blood will coheadline if they're not exclusive and you guys are right that they'll do other fests. Dunno who with - back to predicting some fucking random to share the headline slot with them. The Strokes?

Going to piss people off

-Royal Blood will not headline or coheadline. Not only do they have not enough material even with a new album but they do not have a large fan base at all, just a tonne of people of people who enjoy their music, not fans per se. Also unless they surprise us with their new album, their sound's just not diverse enough, there's only so long you can listen to bass riffs for.

-Kanye would be a fantastic headliner and all you who be butthurt over this and think he's trash without listening to the majority of his discography, I think you're quite ignorant musically. Say what you want about him as a person but he's the most influential hip hop artist of the decade.  

Also another side note, the festival is changing and people need to accept it, FR are going to book who it takes to sell tickets and acts like BBK are going to do that. Please stop complaining about how it's not rock anymore and accept the festival for what it is, I think it's great going to Reading and having such a diverse lineup.

41 minutes ago, Vassinator said:

Going to piss people off

-Royal Blood will not headline or coheadline. Not only do they have not enough material even with a new album but they do not have a large fan base at all, just a tonne of people of people who enjoy their music, not fans per se. Also unless they surprise us with their new album, their sound's just not diverse enough, there's only so long you can listen to bass riffs for.

-Kanye would be a fantastic headliner and all you who be butthurt over this and think he's trash without listening to the majority of his discography, I think you're quite ignorant musically. Say what you want about him as a person but he's the most influential hip hop artist of the decade.  

Also another side note, the festival is changing and people need to accept it, FR are going to book who it takes to sell tickets and acts like BBK are going to do that. Please stop complaining about how it's not rock anymore and accept the festival for what it is, I think it's great going to Reading and having such a diverse lineup.

I think a lot of regulars in this section like kanye

3 hours ago, Vassinator said:

This just reads like you really don't want them to headline or you've forgotten how big they were when they were around. The 'not enough variation' thing never stopped them in the first place and the 'not enough material' is bogus because they were playing for an hour at festivals last year with 10 songs so I'm sure if pressed to do so they can play 90 minutes with a new album on top of it. Plenty of bands have headlined on two albums, and pretty much none of them started off as well as Royal Blood did.

9 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

Possibly since its Reading but they would be a huge sub! They're headlining bestival this year alongside the Cure

Bestival is known for usually having one headliner (The Cure) who is much bigger than the other two (Major Lazer and Sean Paul). Think they'll definitely be subbing if they play (along with headlining Other Stage at Glastonbury)

7 hours ago, 19liam75 said:

BMTH have released an album since the last time they played the festival, don't see why they have to release another before playing again 

Because it'd be essentially the same set with the addition of two or three songs? And plus they've toured this album to death now - they'd need new material to make it worth it, especially just two years after they subbed

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

A guy on Downloads forums is suggesting BMTH told Andy where to go after asking them to sub to a bigger band, in favor of accepting a R&/L headline slot.

That was also me. I'm not sure how I phrased it on those boards but what I meant was: Bmth were booked to Headline Download. A bigger band came along and said "Hey, we'd like to headline Download but we can only play the day you have Bring me the Horizon playing". Download said to BMTH "Hey, we're going to pay X band to play aswell so you'll have to play before them is that Ok?" to which BMTH replied "Nah mate that won't be particularly beneficial to our careers considering we're big enough to headline outright, and sure as hell bigger than one of your other headliners, we'll just see if that offer we had from RandL to headline still stands".

11 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

That was also me. I'm not sure how I phrased it on those boards but what I meant was: Bmth were booked to Headline Download. A bigger band came along and said "Hey, we'd like to headline Download but we can only play the day you have Bring me the Horizon playing". Download said to BMTH "Hey, we're going to pay X band to play aswell so you'll have to play before them is that Ok?" to which BMTH replied "Nah mate that won't be particularly beneficial to our careers considering we're big enough to headline outright, and sure as hell bigger than one of your other headliners, we'll just see if that offer we had from RandL to headline still stands".

How do you know about this? I presume the offer is for next year?, as they aren't as big as Rammstein, Sabbath or Maiden from this year and I'm be sure enough that it wasn't Rammstein replacing BMTH.