The Sunday Night Headliner Saga

Keithy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all acts were finished a good half hour or so before he took to the stage, for example - maybe he expects the same thing at Glastonbury?

There's probably some truth in that, realising he'd be up against 3 other major stages at the same time.

I hope Glasto and Emily/Michael just put this to bed and never try for Prince again if this is the case.

Too many times has that bloke said glastonbury sells out on the back of him being rumoured. Is he really worth it, with what seems to be a lot of messing about.

I'd rather see Emily give a band such as foals a big break than bend over backwards for an act that doesn't want to be there

He's obviously not.

A douchebag little novelty act who's managed to use the press to build him into some sort of Bowie mark II.

That may be so, but he does have the goods (in the form of one hell of a live performance) to back it up.

Irrespective of musical talent, Prince really is a massive tit, is he not?

He's an absolute fucking plonker, the festival should give him no time of day now, if that's two times now he's looked like playing about two times he's backed out, enough is enough

Although, I am bias, I don't even musically enjoy him, little lilac purple annoyance

I'm not actually sure Prince intends to be a cock of the highest proportions, but I think he's just 'in his own little world' sort of thing. The delusions re: Glastonbury ticket sales sort of confirm that. 

I agree with the consensus that the Eavii should probably give up now, it's quite clear the man isn't interested. There may come a day where he is, but no point chasing him about. 

I do wonder if it's a case of Prince leading Glastonbuty on by seeming keen and agreeing in principal before pulling out late in the day, or if it's a case of him showing little interest and Glastonbury leaving it late in the chance they can twist his arm?

I haven't seen them. Who?

I dont think there's many left that would have that buzz around site beforehand as well as you've got the mix across people and genres and the humour of people dressing up a la Lionel etc. 

Nah The Who we're ok but I'm not sure it was a better show than what Prince could have put on...

xD  

I'm not actually sure Prince intends to be a cock of the highest proportions, but I think he's just 'in his own little world' sort of thing. The delusions re: Glastonbury ticket sales sort of confirm that. 

Yeah, someone really needs to hammer it into his brain that the festival doesn't need a big act like him to sell out, or anyone for that matter!

I can't believe that if this is true, that a) G went and tried to book him again after last year and B) they actually believed he would play.

I hope they never try and book him again unless he signs in advance and seals and delivers the contract personally at least 6 months before the festival. As much as I want to see Prince at Glastonbury I don't want the Purple git to hold the place to ransom for the third.... Fourth..... And so on years leaving them with this situation year in year out. Hopefully they have the sense now to not bother again.

I personally think they shouldn't bother with either Prince or Fleetwood Mac. I love both of them, but if they're not going to show the festival the respect it deserves, they shouldn't get the chance to play.

The problem with using phrases like "respect it deserves" is that many artists simply don't view the festival the same way fans do. To them it's just business, just another gig, and if their price or conditions aren't met they'll take it elsewhere, as is their perogative.

Edited by Hugh Jass

For every Glastonbury until the end of time. I've amended the website programs so Prince is going to be rumoured for every Glastonbury, forever.

Just to annoy the little princess. :lol:

It's all your fault then Neil, it's a well known fact that Prince's laptop is set to only display the efests Glastonbury rumours page and that if he even gets a SNIFF on here he is rumoured he blames you personally and refuses to play :P

That was a joke by the way mate as much as I love Prince I do hate the smug git!