The Sunday Night Headliner Saga

Keithy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Neil......now that the festival is over, are you any closer (based on what you heard) to being able to tell us what happened with the Sunday night headliner?

I'm as sure as i ever am that Prince was lined up but backed out.

Like just about everything I hear I can't guarantee that's correct tho I have the very best reasons to trust that it's accurate in this particular instance.

Why he backed out i'm less sure of, tho there's been the suggestion that the fuss around the Kanye petition freaked him out. Whether that's part true or not I've no idea, tho given that Prince is seemingly uncommital at the best of times there could be any number of reasons really.

Like just about everything I hear I can't guarantee that's correct tho I have the very best reasons to trust that it's accurate in this particular instance.

Why he backed out i'm less sure of, tho there's been the suggestion that the fuss around the Kanye petition freaked him out. Whether that's part true or not I've no idea, tho given that Prince is seemingly uncommital at the best of times there could be any number of reasons really.

Got it!

Where's my free mug?

Is this what you were referring to when you said you didn't want to mention it because it put certain people in a bad light?

That's disappointing and frustrating to read. I can understand why he may have been spooked by the Kanye petition and media reaction if that was the reason.

I guess, given the headache it caused Glastonbury, that Prince will never play now.

Its actually a sad thing O'Doyle because as infuriatingly arsey as he is, he puts on one hell of a show.

Oh don't get me wrong, he could put on one of the best shows the festival has ever seen. However, this situation has been going on for a number of years now and if we are sick of it, how must ME/EE feel? 

If it was this petition, I don't think the large amounts of negative press on Kanye's performance and Lee Nelson's gimmick would have helped.

There are acts out there who put on better shows and aren't as arsey. I hope Glastonbury don't try to book him again.

I haven't seen them. Who?

I dont think there's many left that would have that buzz around site beforehand as well as you've got the mix across people and genres and the humour of people dressing up a la Lionel etc. 

I haven't seen them. Who?

I dont think there's many left that would have that buzz around site beforehand as well as you've got the mix across people and genres and the humour of people dressing up a la Lionel etc. 

I'm with you on this one.

Its actually a sad thing O'Doyle because as infuriatingly arsey as he is, he puts on one hell of a show.

I agree, I adore Prince and would love nothing more than to see him play the Pyramid but why he thinks he can mess the festival around as much as he does is beyond me. I think he was spoilt by the treatment whatshisname gave him at Hop Farm - all acts were finished a good half hour or so before he took to the stage, for example - maybe he expects the same thing at Glastonbury?

Either way, he's an odd man indeed.

Edited by alibear