The Sunday Night Headliner Saga

Keithy

I hope stuff like this is exclusive to this year. Emily Eavis tends to get more flack for what she does compared to Michael, and she's such a nice person I don't like people being mean to her :(

It's annoying that clearly, even if she actively denies it this year must of been a bit stressful to put together!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? They didn't get messed about last year. They made an enquiry, and that was that, basically.

I'm sure they enquire about plenty of acts they don't get.

It was the media who made a massive thing of it last year, helped along by him being in the country at about the right time for major speculation.

Makes sense, sorry Neil, got my facts mixed up there. I seemed to remember they offered him the slot and he messed them around. My bad

Few of us on here have repeatedly said this year's fiasco was Prince-related. Fully expect him to surface in rumours again over next couple years. Michael's comments regarding the quality of the lineup bear this out. Decent enuff fest this year with the worst trio of headliners since the 1990s.

Few of us on here have repeatedly said this year's fiasco was Prince-related. Fully expect him to surface in rumours again over next couple years. Michael's comments regarding the quality of the lineup bear this out. Decent enuff fest this year with the worst trio of headliners since the 1990s.

2002 been wiped from your memory?

Wasn't meant as bait folks.

2002 was fucking abysmal, an embarrassment frankly, particularly in hindsight...

But were Coldplay not a fairly substantive act in 2002? Biggest band in the UK of this "generation" just released their defining record etc?

Anyone know if Lionel Richie and Prince are pals? A good word from Lionel (which would surely be forthcoming) may swing it (in the same way a good word from Kenny Rogers encouraged Lionel)

That said I'm not a fan of Prince and wouldn't be keen to see him play Glastonbury, though they are rather running out of THOSE acts (which were always going to be hard to top after the Stones)

To be fair, in 2007, Arctics and The Killers were buzz bands touring their best albums, I imagine it was significantly more exciting then than it looks now.

It really wasn't. The Killers were and always have been mediocre indie landfill and the Arctics had no idea how to play to a large crowd.

I saw Africa Express and Bjork. Saw the start of the Arctics, but they were rubbish.

Wasn't meant as bait folks.

2002 was fucking abysmal, an embarrassment frankly, particularly in hindsight...

But were Coldplay not a fairly substantive act in 2002? Biggest band in the UK of this "generation" just released their defining record etc?

No. They were that band who sang 'Yellow'. Edited by stuartbert two hats

The issue of Prince not playing surely goes beyond not enough 'good words'. There's got to be something big (apart from money.. Or maybe it is money) that Glastonbury can't give him, or he can't understand.

I'm beyond caring now anyway, if I was GFL I'd stop chasing Prince. There are a multitude of bands out there who want to play and should play - turn your attention to them not him.