MichaelsBeard

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group next to us on Saturday about 7am.

"Oh Jesus, lads, lads, I was sick six times last night in me tent"

10 minutes later, "Right lets get back on it"

Monday morning at about 5am, another lad to I guess the same one, "Watch out when you come out, you've been sick in your doorway".

They'd left when we got up, left almost everything behind.  8 x 2 man pop ups, pretty much all full of sick, a brand new pop up gazebo (no idea where that went?).  And a large collection of plastic bags with remnants of white powder and NOs canisters.

Just found a txt from my friend on the way down

'This coach is soooo middle class, someone just bought a bottle of prosecco from the services, showed her friends and also said "I've also got some crisps, for when it's aperitif hour..."'

No one around me knew the words to Time for Heroes and I was in the front circle. Shocked!

Was a weird atmosphere for sure. Watching it back everyone goes mental for Don't Look Back yet there's only pockets of rowdiness for both.

Cribs, Libs, SFA, Frank Turner and Suede ensured a no voice Sunday. Hell even Vaccines was a good singalong given the shite weather before it.

Walking past the Tony Benn tower at Williams Green:

Small girl in fairy costume: mummy, what's that?

Mummy, clearly regretting having an inquisitive six- year old with her: It's a TOWER Olivia. Just a TOWER.

Small girl: what's a tower?

Mummy: says nothing, but her face said it all

Walking past the Tony Benn tower at Williams Green:

Small girl in fairy costume: mummy, what's that?

Mummy, clearly regretting having an inquisitive six- year old with her: It's a TOWER Olivia. Just a TOWER.

Small girl: what's a tower?

Mummy: says nothing, but her face said it all

Very limited sympathy for the mummy.  Adults can easily spend half the week asking what the hell something is, so a child's going to be completely bloody flummoxed!

My friend couldn't get over the parents who were getting annoyed with their kids for being grumpy & misbehaving who said "you're lucky we bought you a ticket"

No, you chose to take your kids, it's a massive assault on the senses, of course they're going to get hot, tired & loose their shit! (They also wouldn't have paid for the under 12s so they're liars too)

Edited by verrymerry

Very limited sympathy for the mummy. Adults can easily spend half the week asking what the hell something is, so a child's going to be completely bloody flummoxed!

Oh, absolutely. I have no sympathy for her at all. It was just quite funny that she'd brought her clearly lovely little girl with her to the greatest show in earth and was so bored with her company!

My friend was also singing The Rains of Castamere at the top of his lungs on the way to Shangri La on Sunday night, I really hope people heard that.

That reminds me... there was a chap going down the railway track on Sunday night after headliners yelling "OYSTERS, CLAMS AND COCKLES!"

Watching Mark Ronson and he introduces a guest onto stage:

Something like

"Ladies and Gentlemen introducing, Mr George Cl....."

Bloke in front of us in utter shock and excitement turns to his girlfriend and goes "GEORGE CLOONEY!?!?"

Our group was in hysterics and he looked over and was like "Who is it then?"

... was George Clinton obviously

The anti nuclear guy before (I think) Mary J Blige.

"This year the government are going to spend 100 billion on nuclear weapons - what do we think about this?!.

*big cheer around me*

:lol: :lol:

That Pyramid crowd will make the same cheering noise to anything won't they? Or maybe it was genuine feeling, there's not enough pro-Trident voices heard at the festival.

We'd been to see Mike Skinner from the streets DJ set, very poor

Must have been talking about it in Shangra La, a young lad comes over ( glasto virgin ) he says " he was awesome wasn't he, that's the first act I've watched, and right there I was ready to leave the festival as I think I had already had my £220 worth, bloody amazing"

That reminds me... there was a chap going down the railway track on Sunday night after headliners yelling "OYSTERS, CLAMS AND COCKLES!"

I remember this guy! There was also a bloke who must've been about 7ft tall walking through the crowds after The Who getting 'HODOR' shouted at him relentlessly!!

"Why can't I put my fingers up your arse? I'd let you put your fingers up my arse"

Some bloke, presumably speaking to his significant other, near the Mandela Bar I think it was, on Friday afternoon.

Heard some funny stuff over the course of the weekend, but that's the one that's stuck with me....

Edited by Vacant0

At the brothers bar

Girl to man dressed as the moon from The Mighty Boosh "what are you dressed as?"

The moon responded "An extra strong mint"

lol we were talking to this guy for about half hour, he was telling us how many people had come up to him over the evening :)

We'd been to see Mike Skinner from the streets DJ set, very poor

Must have been talking about it in Shangra La, a young lad comes over ( glasto virgin ) he says " he was awesome wasn't he, that's the first act I've watched, and right there I was ready to leave the festival as I think I had already had my £220 worth, bloody amazing"

I've heard a few people say that set was great.