Funny things overheard at the festival

MichaelsBeard

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a few people say that set was great.

Out of a hour set or so, what ever it was he did like 20 mins mixing then another jumped on the decs while he walked around shouting, and every time a song was about to drop, he'd stop it and say "pilton festival we want all don't we" then start it again, then the same on the next song and the next, the songs themselves were good choices but very poor mixing, apart from one little rap his two Mc's were just shouting "yeh yeh yeh , no no no no yeh yeh" and I'm guessing a lot of the crowd were expecting a few of his songs but, he jus did like 20 seconds of one mixed with Kanyes Paris tune

Edited by waynewdk

Hahahaha! It was my mate who wrote 'Hardly Beady Eye' (an in-joke we have) on you during B.Bacarach.

Hahaha It was me who wrote  "HARDLY BEADY EYE" on you during Burt, You didn't seem too pleased as you said you hated them. I completely forgot all about this!

I thought it was my friend who did it! I had a massive go at him during Belle & Sebastian whilst getting drawn on by more people

Out of a hour set or so, what ever it was he did like 20 mins mixing then another jumped on the decs while he walked around shouting, and every time a song was about to drop, he'd stop it and say "pilton festival we want all don't we" then start it again, then the same on the next song and the next, the songs themselves were good choices but very poor mixing, apart from one little rap his two Mc's were just shouting "yeh yeh yeh , no no no no yeh yeh" and I'm guessing a lot of the crowd were expecting a few of his songs but, he jus did like 20 seconds of one mixed with Kanyes Paris tune

Maybe a bit of research into the whole thing before going would have helped you enjoy it a bit more.

I heard at least 3 streets songs in the last half hour and 'his 2 mc's' (lol) were definitely not just going 'yeah yeah yeah no no no'

Mike Skinner was the worst bit about it though, I'll give you that

"Have you ever had a ham slammer?"

"No, what's that?"

"It's basically a tequila shot but instead of sucking a lemon after you suck on some wafer thin ham"

And

I can't remember what gig it was, I'm thinking charlatans, there was a guy that replied everytime to the lead singers shouts of "Glastonbury" with an enthusiastic "that's us!". Had me in stitches.

Edited by mjsell

Mine isn't so much overheard as what I had to say...

Was in the leftfield tent for Pussy Riot and there was a girl going round asking people to sign a petition to cancel Greek debt. I'd just come back from the bar and had the following exchange with her:

Her - "Do you want to sign this petition to cancel Greek debt?"

Me - "Sure. Errr, can you hold my prosecco though..."

My own daughter missing the significance of the event "so what does this lama bloke actually do?"

This was after explaining dalai lama was not in fact a band.

I had a similar conversation with my girlfriend's sister.... she's 23.

Not an overheard but I became a witness to my own stupidity on Wednesday night..

At the cigarette place near the Rum Shack probably about 2am and I ask for a pack of Amber Leaf and the woman replies "What's your favourite brand" and I go on a rant about what music I listen to...I thought she said band!

Needless to say, she didn't serve me

Not an overheard but I became a witness to my own stupidity on Wednesday night..

At the cigarette place near the Rum Shack probably about 2am and I ask for a pack of Amber Leaf and the woman replies "What's your favourite brand" and I go on a rant about what music I listen to...I thought she said band!

Needless to say, she didn't serve me

Ha ha, why didn't she serve you - what the hell kinda music taste you got?

Ha ha, why didn't she serve you - what the hell kinda music taste you got?

Handed her my Irish Driving Licence and she wouldn't accept it, but the look on her face when I started talking about 60's psychedelia after asking what brand of fags I smoke was priceless

Need to confess my own stupidity as well - it's kind of cathartic.

After picking up my shiny water bottle I came up with the great idea of running my belt through the handle so it stayed hands free, accessible and reminded me to stay hydrated.  All good.

It was only about 3 hours later that one of my mates pointed out to me that instead of undoing my belt every time as I couldn't twist the lid while it was on my belt, I could just twist the bottle instead and leave the lid attached to the belt. :swoon:

Need to confess my own stupidity as well - it's kind of cathartic.

After picking up my shiny water bottle I came up with the great idea of running my belt through the handle so it stayed hands free, accessible and reminded me to stay hydrated.  All good.

It was only about 3 hours later that one of my mates pointed out to me that instead of undoing my belt every time as I couldn't twist the lid while it was on my belt, I could just twist the bottle instead and leave the lid attached to the belt. :swoon:

It happens to the best of us!

On the way home down the railway track later that night I yelled..."Shit! I've lost my hat!"

It was on my head