Funny things overheard at the festival

MichaelsBeard

To be fair Shangri La's a bloody nightmare of to get into when your Bobby G'd. Saturday night I spent like two hours walking in circles around it trying to find my way in and eventually gave up and opted for a bit of stargazing instead.

You do have a point, I saw a mate of mine who was having a real struggle to get in tried to get down the railway track about 4 times. He's been going as long as I have

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do have a point, I saw a mate of mine who was having a real struggle to get in tried to get down the railway track about 4 times. He's been going as long as I have

I remember it being easy to get into when I was sober, but on this night I hit the same signpost to Shangri La about 5 times and just couldn't go on any longer.

This is the night I laid down for like half an hour in a field after giving up, then eventually sat up and realised I'd been laying directly below the SE Corner banner all the time. Nightmare.

There was a guy absolutely off his tits in Hop and Liquor (I think, the one between Other and Beat Hotel). He had a balloon tied to his head and kept dancing with the speaker stack in the corner like it was a beautiful woman!

Later on he was just led on the floor with his money all over the place - a girl tried to help him and he just shouted back "this is what I do! I do what I do, so let me do what I do!" and proceeded to put a tenner in his gob. Was absolutely crying. This can't have been much later than 4pm on the Thursday.

Sat on the long drops one morning and overheard two girls a bit further along.

First Girl:  Is it ok to put tampons down these long drops

Second Girl:  I think so.

First Girl:  Thanks

<pause>

First Girl:  I don't suppose you've got a spare on you, I've left mine in the tent

Second Girl:  Sorry, no

<pause>

First Girl:  I didn't like these knickers anyway.....remind me to dump them later

Not that funny when you write it down, but I was biting my knuckles at the time.

To be fair Shangri La's a bloody nightmare of to get into when your Bobby G'd. Saturday night I spent like two hours walking in circles around it trying to find my way in and eventually gave up and opted for a bit of stargazing instead.

Yeah it can be a nightmare! Sunday night I went to look for a toilet so followed a big sign that said toilets only to find there was none there so went for a wander, somehow ended up outside the barrier and was not arsed going through Avalon and that to get back in and find where I was going again, plus it gets pretty mental in there at the best of times

There was a guy absolutely off his tits in Hop and Liquor (I think, the one between Other and Beat Hotel). He had a balloon tied to his head and kept dancing with the speaker stack in the corner like it was a beautiful woman!

Later on he was just led on the floor with his money all over the place - a girl tried to help him and he just shouted back "this is what I do! I do what I do, so let me do what I do!" and proceeded to put a tenner in his gob. Was absolutely crying. This can't have been much later than 4pm on the Thursday.

I saw that guy!! Hilarious performance from the chap!

Struggling to remember it word for word, but I did see a particularly Gillespied character arguing the mechanics of the candle-powered boats with the guys running the stall.  Refused to accept it, despite watching them sail around in front of him.  Mates pulled him away in the end, arguing to the last.

We have to get this beyond efests - it's the perfect word

Aye mate I agree with you. Definitely appropriate! I will get good and Gillespied watching Gillespie at Victorious Fest in August and think of efestivals and promote its usage amongst all who will listen!

Anyone else fancy getting Gillespie'd at Bestival?

I will not use the words drunk/wired/fucked/stoned or any other variant while at Bestival except Gillespie'd. It will catch on.

Before the end of the weekend you'll hear people in the tents next to you talking about just how gillespied they got last night