Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully their set next year will be similarly stuffed with classics from Mylo Xyloto.

I didn't mind Princess of China. :ph34r: What can I say? I have a thing for choppy synths.

Although it does have an pretty remarkable (and not in a good way) video. I can just imagine the meetings:

"Which one is China again? Flying ninjas right? And a god with loads of arms? Is that China? I'm pretty sure that's China."

Edited by Winslow Leach

Can't say I'd be too bothered if Foo Fighters play 2017 instead of next year. I'd like to see them at some point but they're not exactly a must see so I can definitely wait a year. 

It will work out well if they release a new album before the 2017 festival that's not as dull as Sonic Highways, although I suppose the majority of their albums aren't that great anyway so I won't get my hopes up.

Can't say I'd be too bothered if Foo Fighters play 2017 instead of next year. I'd like to see them at some point but they're not exactly a must see so I can definitely wait a year. 

It will work out well if they release a new album before the 2017 festival that's not as dull as Sonic Highways, although I suppose the majority of their albums aren't that great anyway so I won't get my hopes up.

feel like you talked yourself into seeing them and out of seeing them very quickly. 

well if rumours are true then they're planning on making a second Sonic Highways, so don't hold your breath for anything great!

Hmmm.  Certainly nothing in there to spook the horses - but you could maybe see them just wanting a quiet life after they got actual death threats due to booking Kanye.

only advantage to those headliners would mean more time away from the Pyramid, and surely they'd HAVE to stick some good/more daring alternatives on Other/elsewhere

Hmmm.  Certainly nothing in there to spook the horses - but you could maybe see them just wanting a quiet life after they got actual death threats due to booking Kanye.

They have form for safer bookings after risky years. The year after Jay-Z saw Neil Young, Springsteen and Blur. While Beyoncé was followed by Arctic Monkeys, The Stones and Mumfords.

feel like you talked yourself into seeing them and out of seeing them very quickly. 

They've got enough good songs to fill a set but there's only a couple of albums I actually like, most of them have a couple of decent songs and the rest is filler. 

I've never seen them before and they look quite good live so I'd like to see them at some point but I'm not going to pay for one of their gigs. 

Andy Copping favourited my tweet where I said 'Shame AC/DC aren't doing Download, they must be doing Glasto instead, can't wait for Download though'.

Of course he could be favouriting the last bit but equally it makes me feel more chance of AC/DC doing Glasto now.

if Foos are out of the picture then it certainly makes AC/DC seem a little more likely i guess (if only because it wouldn't mean two 'heavy' acts) - from the look of things the trio of headliners definitely needs a kick up the arse

I'd really like ACDC to be headlining Glasto. Think it's more likely than Fleetwood Mac, to be honest.

If Foos aren't playing I think we definitely need a rock act as a headliner. Adele/Coldplay/Fleetwood Mac would be way too middle of the road, and I'm saying that as someone who has seem the two latter acts and enjoyed them a lot.

And I'm still not sure Adele really is in the running. It feels a bit like how we were all convinced last year that Taylor Swift would be there.

if Foos are out of the picture then it certainly makes AC/DC seem a little more likely i guess (if only because it wouldn't mean two 'heavy' acts) - from the look of things the trio of headliners definitely needs a kick up the arse

It would be good to have some fresh blood as opposed to recycling the same old acts like Coldplay and Muse 

I could not see AC/DC and Fleetwood Mac both headlining though, not because their music is similar but I just don't see 2 'vintage' acts headlining

AC/DC over Fleetwood Mac any day of the week

Still not convinced Foos are out of the picture. Maybe they're just doing something Pinkpop weekend like Bonnaroo and can't make up for their gig then. Would seem strange that word regarding Foo Fighters would have built up so much for eFestivals to have them as SR and The Sun to have 'confirmed' them as Friday's headliner when they're in fact not touring at all.

Still not convinced Foos are out of the picture. Maybe they're just doing something Pinkpop weekend like Bonnaroo and can't make up for their gig then. Would seem strange that word regarding Foo Fighters would have built up so much for eFestivals to have them as SR and The Sun to have 'confirmed' them as Friday's headliner when they're in fact not touring at all.

Hoping this is the case as I want to see them at Rock Werchter

EDIT: What you have said could also be the reason Copping couldn't secure them for Download and got so funny about it.

Edited by foolee

I never thought Foos were in the running anyway. Emily's statement seemed quite clear. If it had been Michael, that would obviously have been a different story!

Opens the door for Biffy Clyro anyway. Be interesting to see how the new album hype develops in the next few months.