announcement

eFestivals

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find some people's reaction to this amusing: "look, hundreds of more performances have been announced but because I don't fancy any of them I'm going to call this year's line up rubbish". This is mainly on Twitter!

Ever heard of checking out new music? I don't think there's anyone out there who knows the music of every single artist on that list.

I cannot wait, it's going to be amazing. Hozier - Patti Smith - Lionel on the Sunday in the sunshine will be ace!

Are we still expecting Wolf Alice to play William's Green on the Thursday as well as their Friday set? Hoping so because of the semi clash with Florence!

Yeah I am gutted with this as well.

I was also hoping Run The Jewels will play again as they also clash with Flo.

I find some people's reaction to this amusing: "look, hundreds of more performances have been announced but because I don't fancy any of them I'm going to call this year's line up rubbish". This is mainly on Twitter!

Ever heard of checking out new music? I don't think there's anyone out there who knows the music of every single artist on that list.

I cannot wait, it's going to be amazing. Hozier - Patti Smith - Lionel on the Sunday in the sunshine will be ace!

Don't worry, they'll all be at Paloma Faith, leaving plenty of room for us to watch the amazing stuff going on all over the site!

;)

Ben

Something I've seen posted elsewhere today, as Neil has said he won't reveal what he's heard about why the Who were drafted in late and who would have been playing, this is in response to a question about ACDC:

They were supposed to play the Sunday, but their gig got cancelled by the Glasto organisers after the drummer made death threats. The guilty verdict all came out around April time, so the organisers pulled their Sunday headline slot last minute and replaced them with The Who. That explains why the lineup poster said "Special Guests" for a while, and The Who pulled their Paris gig to play Glastonbury

Something I've seen posted elsewhere today, as Neil has said he won't reveal what he's heard about why the Who were drafted in late and who would have been playing, this is in response to a question about ACDC:

They were supposed to play the Sunday, but their gig got cancelled by the Glasto organisers after the drummer made death threats. The guilty verdict all came out around April time, so the organisers pulled their Sunday headline slot last minute and replaced them with The Who. That explains why the lineup poster said "Special Guests" for a while, and The Who pulled their Paris gig to play Glastonbury

Well no because that doesn't explain ACDC's Glasgow gig on the Sunday does it?

But ACDC have a gig on the Sunday of glasto - so that can't be true

Fair comment. I just saw it posted elsewhere and thought it sounded plausible. Neil said he couldn't say, but I am clearly not averse to a bit of uninformed speculation. You know how some of us can be.

Not to mention the fact that the drummer has pled guilty, so the festival cancelling their set because of it wouldn't be that controversial.

Neil made it sound like the controversy was something to do with information that would reflect really badly on one of the parties. I can totally understand why he doesn't want to share it without any sort of confirmation.

Not to mention the fact that the drummer has pled guilty, so the festival cancelling their set because of it wouldn't be that controversial.

Neil made it sound like the controversy was something to do with information that would reflect really badly on one of the parties. I can totally understand why he doesn't want to share it without any sort of confirmation.

He's not even on tour with them is he?

If DC were in for a Glasto appearance they would have created a different touring schedule around the end of June when setting up the Rock or Bust European Tour 2015

If The Who are a replacement from an act that "fell through " it won't have been DC