Blur?

wozwebs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blur would be a bit shit if you saw them in 2009, but ace if you didn't.

I wonder what % of people going this year went in 2009. 70%?

Much less than 70%. I'm always surprised at how many people mention off-hand how they went to Glastonbury a few years ago. It's not the same yearly obsession to most people as it is to us.

I'd guess at 25%.

Yeah but he originally said he didn't think the act had been mentioned, and only after searching the thread did he then say they have been mentioned, but barely.

Can't have been Blur because, as I say, he'd have known from the start that they'd been mentioned.

Also he suggested it was something weird. I doubt his wife would laugh at him for suggesting Blur.

Makes sense - but I am not starting on page one of the headliners thread as I may be rather pecking before I find out who it might be.

March at the end of the week and the rumours are pretty sparse. They've done well this year.

Agreed, they've played it very close to their chest. This time last year they were forced to reveal several big names who'd self-confirmed so I guess they're playing that a lot more carefully now.

and the rest of the Pyramid/Other is still pretty unclear, we're all pissing in the wind at the moment. It's very impressive for such a big festival

Do you think its a case that as there are undoubtedly people who are on the fence about paying for a ticket for a gig (as I am about a few Glasto potentials also playing in Dublin) acts are getting a bit cautious? Wait to sell as many tickets as possible for their own shows before announcing a "free" gig?

Also, as the Beebs coverage gets more expansive, people who are in the "may pick up a ticket closer to the date" demographic won't bother at all and just watch them on the telly? Beer in one hand and the other hand stuffed down their filthy bags.

Edited by The Nal

Combination of factors, Nal, but I think there's been a few occasions over the last couple of years where lineups or info about acts were released early/not when GFL wanted them released. I suspect that both the acts and the festival have realised that long term it's not in their interests to do this. So both the acts are keeping schtumm and also the festival is being extremely careful.

There are a lot of changes this year, I think, what with Dick Tee leaving etc, couple fo other people retiring, could be that some processes have been rethought.

I think Damon probably feels he has unfinished business after the Gorillaz headline slot.

Plus they could easily play 6/7 different songs from the 2009 setlist: Under The Westway, The Puritan, Go Out and another 3 tracks from the new album/back catalogue could easily come in.

I went in 2009 and saw Blur, and I'd be well happy to see them again - so no, not shit

Me too - saw Blur first at V in 1997 (yes sorry), grew up in the Brit Pop era, saw them in 2009 on that special evening at my first Glastonbury and would love love love to see them again - just not sure of seeing them at glasto again