Blur?

wozwebs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening the Other would solve that problem, but it would be chaos unless it was a very well kept secret ahead of time. Quite how that's accomplished these days is a mystery - unless they were to book two secret acts, one on the Pyramid and one on the Other, and split the crowd!

If 'secret' radiohead and pulp gigs on the park is dangerous and kaiser chiefs and beady eye are just... meh is the answer a special guest opening the pyramid? If they could get friends of the festival like blur to do it that would be a huge way to kick off the music days of the fest. Personal tastes aside coldplay could do it too.

The pyramid's a big field, i think that would be safe?

FYI Apparently Noel and Damon have chatted about collaborating and Gallagher is very much up for it, but touring by both is getting in the way of it for the foreseeable future..............

Wonder what the hell that would be like?

The media would have a friggin field day

Imagine that, all the constant speculation about an oasis reform and Noel and Damon end up getting together that'd be great but yeah like you say hard to imagine what the he'll that'd be like, would be interesting to find out though

On one hand, I'd love to see them again this summer, and if they're not at Glastonbury, I'll probably try to come over early for one of the Hyde Park shows (A Sunday one would be ideal - will be driving over from Europe for Glastonbury that day so could set off early and make a stop!)

I'd strongly, strongly recommend seeing them anywhere else except Hyde Park. As far as I'm concerned it's the worst gig venue I've ever been to, and remains the only one I'll never visit again under any circumstance.

Personally, I'd much sooner fly to a gig in Europe than go to the (comparatively) local show in Hyde Park.

I'd strongly, strongly recommend seeing them anywhere else except Hyde Park. As far as I'm concerned it's the worst gig venue I've ever been to, and remains the only one I'll never visit again under any circumstance.

Personally, I'd much sooner fly to a gig in Europe than go to the (comparatively) local show in Hyde Park.

Warm up shows were far better than Hyde Park (going by reports of sound issues etc.) anyway in 2012 - not so sure the same can be said for '09 mind. Ended up going to Wolverhampton Civic Hall for half the price of Hyde Park tix.

Incidentally, my last visit to Hyde Park was to see Springsteen when he brought out McCartney, vowed never to return when they cut the sound that night!

Edited by GlastoSimon

That doco is great, especially the Glastonbury part. Shows what a strong band they are.

Really wanted to see them in NZ at the Big Day Out '14. They pulled out, citing disagreements with the organizers. Would love to see them this time round somewhere.

and I'm back onto Blur.

I've reason to think it might be them, I've reason to think it's not them, and i've reaswon to think it is them.

Currently, the last one seems to make the most sense - tho it's stretched out of something else, so could easily be wrong.

But it does fit better than just about anything else, at the mo.

As if I'm getting up early to get presale hyde tickets :')

and I'm back onto Blur.

I've reason to think it might be them, I've reason to think it's not them, and i've reaswon to think it is them.

Currently, the last one seems to make the most sense - tho it's stretched out of something else, so could easily be wrong.

But it does fit better than just about anything else, at the mo.

We are most definitely running out of options, the come back, early BST date, rumours of other shows country wide, last headline set was a monstrous success

It makes a lot of sense at the moment

They were mentioned but 'barely' when compared to most

Yeah but he originally said he didn't think the act had been mentioned, and only after searching the thread did he then say they have been mentioned, but barely.

Can't have been Blur because, as I say, he'd have known from the start that they'd been mentioned.

Also he suggested it was something weird. I doubt his wife would laugh at him for suggesting Blur.