guypjfreak

The more I read this thread the more I get nervous.

I've never been lucky enough to get tickets myself and a mate has got them both times we've been. Unfortunately said mate isn't intending on going next year so it's down to me to get them for me and my other mate, who is useless with stuff like this as his last attempt was to lie to his then girlfriend and say he was going to the shop and then spent an hour an a half in Sainsbury's car park trying to call for tickets, unsuccessfully, only to return to the girlfriends to be questioned where he'd been to which he replied "It didn't open until 10:30 so I just waited". Fortunately they had split up long before we went so he didn't have to make up another lie as to why he went missing for 5 days!

It's now quite likely I'll be participating in a clinical trial on ticket day. That means I'll be in a unit a bit like a hospital ward. That's not a huge problem because they do have decent wireless there, but there will be a dosing of the drug involved "in the morning" on that day. That's horribly ambiguous wording, and dosing would take about 15 minutes to do. 15 precious minutes that could make all the difference if they fall between 9 and 10am...

There's a pitch for a film in there somewhere....

Somebody more tech-wise will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it makes any difference how many tabs or browsers you have open

I agree about tabs but not about browsers.

i always have 1 chrome, 1 firefox and 1 internet explorer in case there is any different level of success across them. I think there can be differences but thats based on nothing more than a hunch.

i remember being surprised one year i got on using internet explorer which is supposed to be a less superior browser than the other 2

but otherwise it is all about having one main window open and refreshing manually as soon as you see its the queue page again, until you get in.

if you are going in group always best to have facebook chat open and discussing between your friends who has got in first etc

Edited by Memory Man

July to October - worry about getting a ticket

October to April - worry about getting a ticket in the resale

May - worry about the line up

1st 3 weeks in June - worry about clashes

Monday to Tuesday - worry about getting a good camping spot

Wednesday to Sunday - bliss

Monday - worry about getting out the car park

Tuesday to Sunday - worry about what you did during that blank period on Thursday night

July to October - worry about getting a ticket.

I have additional stages

1st 3 weeks of June

- Worry about the weather

Monday to Tuesday (morning)

Check weather reports hourly

Tuesday (afternoon)

Be convinced it will be torrential rain

Tuesday (evening)

Acceptance that there will be 'weather'

Wednesday (5am)

How the hell am I going to carry all this?

Wednesday (7am)

Fecking queues, I'm too tired for this.

Wednesday (10am)

First trip in done, tent up

Wednesday (11am)

Walking out for 2nd trip, notice there are no queues and swear that next year you will definitely arrive a bit later

• Upvote 1

I agree about tabs but not about browsers.

i always have 1 chrome, 1 firefox and 1 internet explorer in case there is any different level of success across them. I think there can be differences but thats based on nothing more than a hunch.

i remember being surprised one year i got on using internet explorer which is supposed to be a less superior browser than the other 2

but otherwise it is all about having one main window open and refreshing manually as soon as you see its the queue page again, until you get in.

if you are going in group always best to have facebook chat open and discussing between your friends who has got in first etc

I do the same and weirdly I got through on IE as well, never touch it the rest of the year, maybe because it has a nice rest for 12 months its all fresh and eager to please? I still go back to chrome straight after though, poor old IE.....

I love how we come up with all these strategies every year, but on the day 15mins before they go on sale, you can't even load the first page because it's crashed!

I usually have 2 browsers, with one or two tabs each- but come 8.45am my best laid plans have gone to shit and I'm just in random crisis mode!

• Upvote 1

I do the same and weirdly I got through on IE as well, never touch it the rest of the year, maybe because it has a nice rest for 12 months its all fresh and eager to please? I still go back to chrome straight after though, poor old IE.....

It's worth doing, not because the browsers work differently, but because you get different sessions on each browser.

sorry not with you....??

Sorry, you're telling me to plug my laptop into the router by the sounds of it? correct if wrong, but the main computer is connected to it. So do is it worth using both or just using one computer connected to that internet?

One each. That way you get two IP Addresses.

EDIT: But plug the laptop directly into the router if you can.

ah ok thanks!

Edited by NickisGinger

I am now trying for tickets for 6 people off efests. I haven't a clue about this technical (presumably basic) stuff above. I'm going to be restricted to the old fashioned way of having a bash at getting tickets. This is achieved by pressing F5 relentlessly until I get to the sales page. I'm not sure I should be saying this but I'm certain, but not sure why, my previous w*nking experience might put me in good stead on this. I will also be praying to the little baby Jesus, my purple paper stapler, and a letter from Birmingham City Council on intended road works, in the hope that I'll get through to the sales page.

I've got tickets in the past using IE, Firefox and Chrome. Last year, even bought a second batch via iPhone (3G - turned off Wifi). One tab, one browser. There is no magic imho other than pressing F5 like a banshee. The only year I haven't got tickets was for 2013 when See changed the booking system and I 'trusted' their automatic queue. MISTAKE :girlimpossible: Went back to the old F5 strategy for 2014 sale.

I also don't use any 'back door' links, but these pages are currently looking interesting for 2015:

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Tour/Glastonbury-2015

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Event/GLASTONBURY-2015-DEPOSITS/Worthy-Farm/800000

The URL changes to Worthy View, but the page content is the ticket bookings entry page. Worth monitoring activity over the next week or so......

Can anyone remember what card details are needed once you get on to the booking page? I'm putting a spreadsheet together for my friends so they can 'copy paste' over reg details and post codes and I'm also including my card details in this.

I know that it isn't a thorough as a usual online transaction and you never have to verify it with the bank using your online banking password. Am I right in thinking it's just card number, expiry date and security code? And only debit cards?

Debit cards within the UK, credit cards for overseas.

If it's the same as last year, you'll need:

SCREEN ONE: Registration number(s) and postcode(s)

^^ be quick, this screen can kick you out at any time.

SCREEN TWO: Long card number, expiry date, security code, address registered with card

^^ you get 10 minute access to this screen, but it can 'hang'

• Upvote 1